Is this legal?

yokia

Jurisdiction
California
My w/c lawyer changed my working clinical licence to one I do not have, or went to school for. Isn't that against the law, and if I sign the paperwork dosen't that constitute fraud? I am now worried that he is also lying to me too. Feeling very sick to my stomach over this.

My w/c lawyer changed my working clinical licence to one I do not have, or went to school for. Isn't that against the law, and if I sign the paperwork dosen't that constitute fraud? I am now worried that he is also lying to me too. Feeling very sick to my stomach over this.

I suggest you ask your lawyer about things you don't understand.

If no answer is forthcoming, it might be best to retain new counsel.

As @army judge states, you must talk to your attorney before proceeding in any direction. You have nothing to be upset about or to complain about if you aren't 100% sure of what the attorney did, why it was done and that it was wrong or malpractice. If your attorney explains to you why it is appropriate and you sign and then later it is found to be inappropriate, it would seem you have a reasonable defense as well as a possible malpractice claim against the attorney. Don't lose sleep about it. Just have a conversation.

Back