is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ank101302

My boyfriend's court order for visitation is on the mother's terms. but she does not like me so if she thinks that i am going to show up with him, she turns around and tells him he can not see his son. Can she tell him it is okay to see him and then turn around just because of me? She went to court originally and lied to the judge that we did not have the stuff to take care of the child, but we had polaroids to prove that it was all in our house. On top of this he is paying his child support but only gets to see his son if his mom takes him out there. she does not tell the child anything about his father and told him not to sign his birthday card dad, because he doesn't know who his dad is, is that fair to the child?

If your boyfriend wants to change the court order, he can try to get a hearing to modify. If the mother was given sole discretion to determine visitation per the original court order (though that's a little unusual), then it doesn't seem that she is in contempt.

His other option is to leave you at home when he wants to see his son.

when he went to court for everything, he had a court appointed attorney who just sat there and did nothing to help him. she just took whatever the judge said. my other question is, the judge that had the case also and him a few years prior in another situation he got into, and we think that she only said what she said for a ruling because of having him in her court prior, any way to get a different judge to handle this next time or have something done about the original court order based on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back