Is This Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVLOPS

I Am An Owner Operator For Trucking Company That Works For A Mining Company. We Did Deliveries For Them For Many Years. Recently They Have Started A Middle Company Of Owner/operators To Compensate For Additional Work. Since I Am A Broker To Orginal Delivery Company I Have To Pay 15% To Work For Them. New Hires Get To Work Work At Full 100% Percent Of Wages. They Were Supposed To Get Any Additional Work But Since Economy Went Downhill We Find Ourselves Doing Additional When Available And Them Working All The Time. Here Is The Kicker 5 Of Us Have Been Refused To Be Hired And The Other 45 Told Not To Even Bother To Apply Because They Know It Will Cost The Original Delivery Company. A Million Dollars A Year If They Were To Hire Us Direct.
This Was Never A Problem Before Because They Always Kept A Tight Lid On Hiring Practices. But Now You Could Go Buy A Truck And Get Hired The Very Next Day Get Paid 100% And To The Top Of The List And Us Poor 50 Suckers Get To Watch. We Are All Reletavly Young And This Will Cost Us About 20 Million By The Time We Retire.
Some Have Forced To Retire/others Sell/others Banckrupt.
Is This Discrimination? Is It Legal? What Should We Do?
We Are In Mccook Illinois Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back