Is this discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITFit

My situation at my work place is this. The people that I used to work with steal office equipments. Now these equipments are suppose to be going to the recycling but it is still accounted by the company because they get some money back by sending the old equipments to the recycling. These people that I'm talking about still works at the same office where I work even though we work for a different company now.

My situation is that these people are making me think that taking equipments home are okay because they are going to recycling anyway. They are treating me like I'm an idiot. There was one time I reasoned out and said that even if that is old and will be sent out to the recycling that is still company owned and it is not right to take it home. Then one of the guy said it is old and will be sent to the recycling and I'm just putting it back to service(not the exact words but same message).

I have many times caught and seen these people bring equipments home but I did not say anything because it is not my business and I'm not the one doing it. But it will be my words against their words because I did not even bother getting substancial evidence. I notice that these group are organized and they are trying to make me look bad at the company's eyes. They are waiting for me to do a bad move and waiting for me to take an equipment home which I do not plan or have not cross my mind to do this. I can afford to buy one if I need to. My concern is that these people is making me uncomfortable, annoyed, and makes me feel that sometimes I do not want to come to work anymore because we are in the same area. When they see me annoyed and insiting by what they were doing like provoking me and making me think that it is alright to take equipments home, all of them just starts to laugh which makes me more annoyed and uncomfortable.

Question is, what legal actions can I do to these people which pretty much will be my words against the words of this organized group of people?

YOU can't "do" any legal actions. Your not doing what they are doing and making you feel uncomfortable about it, is not illegal.

Rise above it and ignore them if you want to stay there. If they see that what they are saying annoys you, they're going to keep doing it. If you ignore it, they will eventually tire of their childish games and leave you alone.

I have many times caught and seen these people bring equipments home but I did not say anything because it is not my business and I'm not the one doing it./QUOTE]

I personally believe that ALL employees have a loyalty to their employer and should report anything they witness that may harm the company. This may also work to your benefit to protect yourself from any future incrimination. At some point the "theft" will be discovered and you do not want to be viewed as a potential culprit among the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back