is this considered intimidation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg_60

Recently, a juvenile-male insulted and berated my sister—also a juvenile—in public. She was very upset about the comments made about her, and further humiliated when her "best friend" did not support her while witnessing the act. After learning what was said, I (an adult) decided to confront the young man to tell him that his behavior was intolerable. Unfortunately, I didn't know what the young man looked like. I asked around to find him, offering NO threatening remarks whatsoever. I never found the young man; however, two of the people—both juveniles—I had asked for his whereabouts called the young man. They alleged that I was looking for him as to assault him. Although I was using a serious tone of voice and demeanor, NONE of the language I used was threatening. The young man's parents have threatened to file charges against me. Since I never made a single threatening remark and never even confronted the young man, can they bring charges against me? Would a judge consider this intimidation? This took place in Kansas. Any input would be helpful.

This kind of nonsense happens all the time, but I understand your anxiety.

So, if you are worried, nip it in the bud and go to the police directly and tell them what happened.

And maybe your sister needs to get some new friends, however, sounds like she has a good sibling in you that cares. Good Luck to you!

They alleged that I was looking for him as to assault him.
Hearsay. Anyone can assume what they want, but without proof, it is all hearsay.

The young man's parents have threatened to file charges against me. Since I never made a single threatening remark and never even confronted the young man, can they bring charges against me? Would a judge consider this intimidation?

Unless they have witnesses that can actually prove that you did make threats and that you were determined to go through with it, again, it is all hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back