is this considered harrassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg_60

Recently, a juvenile insulted and berated my sister—also a juvenile—in public. She was very upset about the comments made about her, and further humiliated when her "best friend" did not support her while witnessing the act. After learning what was said, I (an adult) decided to confront the young man to tell him that his behavior was intolerable. Unfortunately, I didn't know what the young man looked like. I asked around to find him, offering NO threatening remarks whatsoever. I never found the young man; however, two of the people—both juveniles—I had asked for his whereabouts called the young man. They alleged that I was looking for him as to assault him. Although I was using a serious tone of voice and demeanor, NONE of the language I used was threatening. The young man's parents have threatened to file charges against me. Since I never made a single threatening remark and never even confronted the young man, can they bring charges against me? Would a judge consider this intimidation? This took place in Kansas. Any input would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back