Is this a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandi

I sent a girl an email yesterday through facebook that she is stating is a threat. Is this a threat? I posted my exact words below.

I heard your story and feel for you, but at the same time you need to stop lying to people, its not a cute quality. You need to grow up and get your shit together and stop f*cking with my brother's head - pronto. Id appreciate if youd leave him the hell along and get a life.

She claims that a cop came to her house and took a statement based on what I sent above. I do not believe I said anything threatening. Can you provide me with any guidance? She sent me numerous response emails saying to F Off, go to hell, etc so I don't see where I am the wrong one here.

I sent a girl an email yesterday through facebook that she is stating is a threat. Is this a threat? I posted my exact words below.

I heard your story and feel for you, but at the same time you need to stop lying to people, its not a cute quality. You need to grow up and get your shit together and stop f*cking with my brother's head - pronto. Id appreciate if youd leave him the hell along and get a life.

She claims that a cop came to her house and took a statement based on what I sent above. I do not believe I said anything threatening. Can you provide me with any guidance? She sent me numerous response emails saying to F Off, go to hell, etc so I don't see where I am the wrong one here.

Since you didn't bother to post what U.S. STATE you are in, we can't look up the statutes to determine if your diatribe would be considered harassment or a threat under law.

I heard your story and feel for you, but at the same time you need to stop lying to people
She claims that a cop came to her house and took a statement based on what I sent above.

More lies! Rest assured no police officer would bother to waste their time to come to her house to take a statement of this sort. She would have been advised to come to the station should she wish to file a claim.

Your best guidance is to avoid this person both on and off Facebook, etc..

Thank you. I hope that is the case because it seems so petty. I am an upset older sister and was trying to look out for my brother but can see where I should probably just mind my own business.

brandi said:
Thank you. I hope that is the case because it seems so petty. I am an upset older sister and was trying to look out for my brother but can see where I should probably just mind my own business.

You know what to do.
Follow your own advice and don't feed the troll.

I agree with everyone here. The overwhelming majority of times (in my experience) of cases where people make claims on the Internet about cops showing up to take their statements, etc. are all nonsense. Anyone can make themselves sound important or deadly in email because it's easy. I didn't read anything threatening in the email to you, e.g. "I'm going to come over there and hurt you, etc." and it just sounded like angry words. There is little to no chance any police officer would bother wasting time with this, let alone take time to put down a full report and show up at this person's door without a threat of violence.

She claims that a cop came to her house and took a statement based on what I sent above.

This is a true story: I once had a drug crazed client file a police report that stated that I had "hit her repeatedly with a claw hammer." The police officer asked, "Where?" She pointed to her forehead which didn't have a mark on it.

Two days later a policeman friend of mine called me in a stir and said, JH! I just saw a police report on you accusing you of Attempted Murder! I had a feeling who this was about. I called policeman who took the report and he said, "Please God don't tell me anything that makes me write another report about that lunatic client of yours!"

The point is that a policeman will take a report on just about anything. What is done with it, is where things get more interesting.

You didn't threaten her at all. If there was a policeman involved his main goal was to be polite and get the hell out of there. You have nothing to worry about. You and your brother should forget this person exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back