Is this a hostile workplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marka1620

Hello all

1st time poster here. I work for the Federal government (Dept. of Veterans affairs).

My supervisor about a year ago basically banned me from any contact (unless official) with a female co-worker. The both of us get along great and enjoy taking breaks/lunch so we can chat. Nothing between us besides being just friends.

Any contact that I have with her has to be documented with date/time. His justification for this is "perception" or what people might think. Mind you, we having NEVER done anything besides talk.

Since then our contact has been very limited. Well, she was recently in the hospital (very serious). When she returned, I stopped by to see how she is doing as she is my friend. Well, my supervisor saw us and had me in his office and reiterated that I'm to have no contact. I explained the situation and now I'm facing disciplinary actions.

Was wondering if he has such right to forbid me from having lunch with her while I'm on duty? When I come to work, I fear that if I bump into her and say hi, that many of the eyes in there will report me to my supervisor. His view his, do as I say without question. Is this a basis for an EEO complaint?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back