is there anything i can do??

doode23

I was arrested back in college April of 2000 in Connecticut and was charged with numerous drug charges. After completing the state diversionary program, the case was expunged. I have been having a tough time finding jobs even with long terms of management experience under my belt, most places if not all have been turning me down. So I decided to google my name and sure enough, an article comes up mentioning details of my arrest. Is this libel by omissions

I was arrested back in college April of 2000 in Connecticut and was charged with numerous drug charges. After completing the state diversionary program, the case was expunged. I have been having a tough time finding jobs even with long terms of management experience under my belt, most places if not all have been turning me down. So I decided to google my name and sure enough, an article comes up mentioning details of my arrest. Is this libel by omissions

No, if your arrest details are reported properly, you haven't been libeled.
For the record, adult arrests (even some Juvie arrests) are matters of public record.
Don't expect any diversionary program to really remove the stain of any conviction, either.
Expungements won't remove the stain either, only a pardon can legally cleanse the stain of the crime. Pardons are rare, extremely rare, and reserved for the politically connected and the wealthy.

Back