Is there anyone out there who can help me, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousinFl

I have been asked to put together the information to prove residency of my son. The other party in this matter has the Burden of proof since this person is alleging residency to avoid child support, but......

Probably sound easy at first glance, and is most definitely what I thought especially since the young man in question has always lived with me.

But before you ask. Of course I asked family and friends what they thought would be the best information to produce. The general conscience was to put together all the information pertaining to important events, such as Birthday's, Holiday's and such. So as I looked through some of these items, then it hits me. Is a Judge going to dig through all these pictures, papers and nick-naks? The answer is NO This person is a professional who is looking for facts, clear and concise Facts. Here in lies my dilemma… I am completely and totally emotionally involved here; it's all important and relevant to me. Sure I could pack it all up and pay a Law Firm to sort through it, but who can afford the hours it would take to do that. (If you said I can.. please forward a check to P.O. Box…. Just Kidding :D ). Hopefully you can see my dilemma, maybe offer some advise on what you would do if it were you. Help me narrow down the field so to speak, this all is so important to me, but it doesn't make it relevant.

Brief back round on the pending case and parties if interested: Party A (A=me, NervousinFl) is asking to 1.) Re-establish child support set up by previous order (or orders if you will). Any and all past due support to be deposited into a trust payable only to the child outlined in the case. Party B is now stating on 2nd continuance that the child in question has lived in their residence all along to avoid repercussion of past child support. Which of course is untrue by any stretch of the imagination, but nevertheless this has in fact extended this to another hearing date where Party B has an opportunity to back up their allegation. Party A (Which is me: NervousinFl) is not worried about this allegation, what I am worried about is providing too much information and that the real important information may be overlooked or not seen because of my lack of indecisiveness or direction.
Brief information about the most important Party in this case, which for anonymity I will call him Party C:
Party C is an amazing, intelligent, bright futured, just turned 17 young man. What I can say about him is from my perspective only. I have been blessed with this thoughtful, considerate and brilliantly intelligent young man who with no doubt deserves every opportunity in the world for the best possible future. This wonderful individual is unfortunately stuck with me, the person who works so hard to just to provide the necessities and little perks (or rewards) that I, in the end, lack the financial means to get him where he deserves (And I do mean DESERVES) to go: to college and beyond.

Party B, although I would like to make them out as the green-eyed monster from the black lagoon: I can but yet I can't. This person is also educated and self-sufficient. The differences lie in decisions. This person has avoided, at all costs, child support. You ask how? I'll tell you how: "The almighty dollar" this person has the ability to "continuance" me into bankruptcy basically leaving things unresolved until I can pay off the attorney and try again. I could literally paper a wall in all those " I won" Judgments. When Party B purchased season ticket for Daytona/Nextel Cup Races (which should have been me! :D ) I spoke to a tax adviser for College expenses and invested in my 401K for the tax break and loan advantage for my son's college. When Party B purchases a brand new "off the showroom" floor Harley Davison (That should have been mine too :D ) I overpaid my mortgage and discussed home equity loans to pay for college.

For those of you in my boat don't get me wrong – Male or Female, Female or Male…. Child Support is for the child!! The best interest of the child!! The Childs future – PERIOD! That young adult who no doubt deserves the brightest possible future weather you can afford it or not. My young-man will get it! If it means loaning, borrowing and hawking: he's worth it! I have as much of a chance of Party B paying 16 years worth of Child Support as I do to win the Florida Lottery. I'll take our life together over any lump sum payment; Child Support or Lottery! But nevertheless he deserves a chance and with Party A and Party B's income shouldn't he get it??????

If you made it this far, thanks for listening to me preach. Any advise you have to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back