is it possible to have a case transferred to another county???

Status
Not open for further replies.

beansdaddy78

I have a pending case in Williamson county Illinois, but due to financial problems I have had to move to Clinton county Illinois to be closer to my family, also my daughter is in my sisters care who also lives in Clinton county. I was wondering since Williamson county is 2 hours away from the county we all live in at the moment, is there any way to have the case transferred to Clinton county Illinois???

if it is possible please tell me how I would go about getting a transfer started. I have no idea how im going to be able to make it to the court hearings and keep a job that is required of me.

please any help would be greatly appreciated, I just feel like the state wants to see me fail and is asking more than I can do in such little time.

thank you for your time, I hope to hear from someone who knows something about this soon.

Possibly. You would need to file a motion with the court requesting a change of venue & the reason(s) why requesting. The court clerk should be able to furnish you with any forms you need & answer any procedure questions. The court clerk cannot answer any legal questions or give any legal advice though.

I have a pending case in Williamson county Illinois, but due to financial problems I have had to move to Clinton county Illinois to be closer to my family, also my daughter is in my sisters care who also lives in Clinton county. I was wondering since Williamson county is 2 hours away from the county we all live in at the moment, is there any way to have the case transferred to Clinton county Illinois???

if it is possible please tell me how I would go about getting a transfer started. I have no idea how im going to be able to make it to the court hearings and keep a job that is required of me.

please any help would be greatly appreciated, I just feel like the state wants to see me fail and is asking more than I can do in such little time.

thank you for your time, I hope to hear from someone who knows something about this soon.

You've posted on the abuse and neglect forum which suggests that child services is involved.

Where does the other parent reside?

If this case involves your daughter, who also lives in Clinton County, that "might" be to your advantage in getting the venue moved.

possiblity of case transfer

the mother and I are living together still, in Clinton county. It all started with a domestic dispute (no physical violence) and I was even on the outside of the home. I called the sheriff hoping they could let the mother know that I was allowed into the home, I was hoping they would help defuse the situation. the mother insisted I had a double life going on, which has never been the case and started throwing all the clean clothes I laundered out of the home after I had already been sitting out in the cold for 5 hours because I refuse to fight in front of my daughter.

when the sheriff deputy's arrived they left me outside and the next thing I knew they were taking the mother and my daughter away in the police car and told me if I wanted to take my daughter home that I had to go into the sheriffs office and talk with them. I begged them to take my car seat with them since we lived at the time in a rural area with dangerous backroads and they just told me to "shut the he!! up" somehow I became the enemy.

when I arrived to the sheriffs office they insisted I take a drug test, I told them in advance they would find THC in my system and that I was on dr. prescribed suboxone. (an opioid addiction medication) I was previously prescribed to 120+ vicoden a month and when I tried to get off them I realized I was getting super sick, so I made a decision to get help with the problem and was put on suboxone by a dr. when they did a urine test, I told them they would need to do a 12 panel or molecule test due to the medication I was on and they could care less and did a 5 panel instant urine test. well the suboxone showed as oxi contain, which I can honestly say I have never taken and there is no way that it was in my system, I had been on suboxone for over a year and have the walgreens prescription log to prove it.

I admit my house was not spotless but it was no where near what the sheriffs deputy s claimed, there was one terd in the cat box which must have been made while I was outside letting mother cool off. I know for a fact because I clean the liter box every morning after opening a can of food for our kitty (pearl) the dishes were stacked up in the sink. and somehow molestation came into it, which the mother swears on her life that she said nothing of the sorts, and says that the sheriffs office insisted she be tested, which is a whole nother issue, It killed me to know that someone poked and prodded my poor baby girl, and the state insisted we not be together. we decided that we wanted to work through it and get the help we needed to become a functioning family and the court appointed lawyers which are supposed to be defending us are not doing a thing to help us. I didn't even speak with my appointed attorney until 45 days after the first hearing, at least 25 phone calls were ignored or not responded to, until I told her secretary that I would have to take the steps to have her removed and another attorney appointed since she appeared too busy, finally she called back within 20 minutes. she says that she is requesting my urine tests, which changed from one week to another, they added two additional drugs, which I have no idea what one of them are and the other I know I didn't have in my system since I do not even know where to get such a drug. our court appointed attorneys (mine on the day of the first trial was a stand-in) insisted we agree with the charges or the sheriffs deputy's who were in the court room would testify and it would cause "waves in the ocean" which could lead to us loosing our child.

I have never laid a hand on my daughter in any type of negative way, neither of us believe in hitting our child and all im guilty of is changing 99% of all diapers and taking care of my daughter 95% of her life. I have not worked in over a year and a half, until recently when I was told by dcfs that I needed to find a job. I found one today and started today, but have no idea how to explain to the job, which I had to beg for and offer to work for a few days free to see if they would keep me, that I needed several days off a month for visitation and court. high maintenance employees do not keep their jobs long in this economy. I did not work because the mother has some issues that stem back to her fathers abuse of her and him leading a double life, she never received any type of professional help and any authority figure she told of the abuse constantly put her back into the home where she was abused. she is finally willing to get the help she needs and has needed for the last 20 years and I want to keep my family together, I love my daughters mother and only want her to be healthy so that if we cannot work things out that I will know my daughter is with someone who is stable and willing to care for her the way she needs to be cared for (because I know the odds of me winning custody over the mother is nearly impossible)

I am heart broken over this, before this whole situation I had never been away from my daughter for more than 24 hours since her birth, she is my life and all I have ever wanted in my life.

the mothers lawyer told her there is no chance the case could be transferred, im waiting to hear back from my lawyer on the issue but she seems to only want to do the bare minimum.

I could really use some advice, I am willing to do everything DCFS requires of me, I have stopped the treatment medication cold turkey which led to a week of flu like sickness possibly a bit more. I passed a surprise urine test which showed 100% clean. it was very hard to go from 16mg of suboxone to zero overnight but my daughter is worth it.

just hoping I can at least get the case moved to Clinton county since my daughter is in this county, and we recently moved into this county and paid the 6 months rent in advance to secure the 6 months DCFS requires we maintain a stable house. they say we are unstable since we move every year when our lease is up, we only move to better our situation. and always move up and never down but they are using everthing they can find against us.

I know I was in the wrong, I just want to see if there is light at the end of the tunnel. DCFS handed the case off to LSSI which is a Lutheran church program, which I also don't understand since not a person in either of our families are religious one bit.

any info or advice would be greatly appreciated

also all replies already given and to be given are so much appreciated, I am glad I found this forum. I have never had any type of problems with the law but have a feeling I will be dealing with this for several years.

Oh Dad. I don't know what to tell you. Yours is a heartbreaking situation.

But you're going to have to jump through every single hoop put in front of you.

Because the case originated in another county, you're going to have an uphill battle. But you've gotta do whatever it takes.

It seems you & the Mother both have lawyers. You'll want to work with your lawyer in seeing about getting the case transferred to another county. As I noted previously, a motion will have to be filed with the court requesting this be done. Apparently Mother's lawyer doesn't think it will be possible to get it transferred.

I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

Proserpina, when I said maybe someone else will have some suggestions for you, your reply wasn't there yet. We were apparently typing at the same time but I was slower in getting my reply off.

Im ready to do some jumping. just hoping that I can keep this job I started yesterday. I need to work to keep my sanity. I just wish DCFS was there for the mother when all her problems were happening, we went to highschool together and I had no idea what was going on in her home just knew it wasn't an ideal situation. I didn't find out until15 years later after we actually started dating.

would paying a lawyer out of pocket for the both of us be a better idea than sticking with the state appointed attorneys??? we don't have the money but I may be able to come up with it if I beg my parents. I just cant ask for the money if I have no idea if it would even help. they have helped me plenty since this happened and I don't want to spend there money if im only gonna get the same results.

I really appreciate you guys/gals

My court appointed attorney has never met me I. the 45 + days since this started. Her secretary told me she wont be available until the morning of the case. I want an extension or continuance because nothin g has been done to help me. How do i get the public defender to help and not hurt me. How can i get her to meet with me other than the morning of the case

My court appointed attorney has never met me I. the 45 + days since this started. Her secretary told me she wont be available until the morning of the case. I want an extension or continuance because nothin g has been done to help me. How do i get the public defender to help and not hurt me. How can i get her to meet with me other than the morning of the case

You call the office and ask for an appointment.
You can't make her meet you.
You can ask for the judge to fire her, and appoint you another lawyer.
Simply say that it isn't working, she refuses to meet with you, and ask the judge to remove her. Tell her when you see her that you want her to resign, because you don't feel comfortable with her.

She'll tell the judge, that'll get you a continuance and another lawyer.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back