Is it possible to ammend a legal name change date to be retroactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wescorz

I'm currently in a situation where I changed my name in May but come to find Social Security offices are giving my wife a hard time with changing her name to my new name because at the time we got married I still held my old name... I tried to plea my case to the SS offices but the main office says even though they feel it would be fine to show the court doc. and accept her paperwork...it's ultimately up to the individual locations since it's a unique situation. So now im trying to see if I can get the court order to be retroactive by a few months to include the date we were married which was in March of the same year. Before I go through the whole process to file a standard motion to amend it I wanted to see if someone had any insight on if its possible and if so how I should ask for it to be done.

I'm currently in a situation where I changed my name in May but come to find Social Security offices are giving my wife a hard time with changing her name to my new name because at the time we got married I still held my old name... I tried to plea my case to the SS offices but the main office says even though they feel it would be fine to show the court doc. and accept her paperwork...it's ultimately up to the individual locations since it's a unique situation. So now im trying to see if I can get the court order to be retroactive by a few months to include the date we were married which was in March of the same year. Before I go through the whole process to file a standard motion to amend it I wanted to see if someone had any insight on if its possible and if so how I should ask for it to be done.

Anything is possible, but some things are not possible.

If what you seek is denied, you can file a new name change request and get your old name back.

You do know, that your wife doesn't have to change her name.

You can change your name to her name.

Life has many, many options if you seek them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back