Is emancipation a possibility

Blondegal

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I will be turning 16 in September and have been both mentally and physically abused by my biological parents for 6 years. I can not stay in that house any longer. I have found a place to move into if I get emancipated I will be applying for jobs in a few months. Is emancipation a possibility for me?

I will be turning 16 in September and have been both mentally and physically abused by my biological parents for 6 years. I can not stay in that house any longer. I have found a place to move into if I get emancipated I will be applying for jobs in a few months. Is emancipation a possibility for me?

If you're a victim of chid abuse call "911", tell a teacher, tell a religious officiant, tell a trusted adult relative, tell a physician, tell someone in a hospital ER room, tell a firefighter, tell a school administrator, tell someone.

Now we've gotten that out of the way, there's no way you can be emancipated under the circumstances you describe.

However, when the authorities investigate and substantiate your allegations you'll be removed from the home and placed with a responsible relative (if there are any and one of them wants you).

Otherwise, it's the state foster care system for you.

Is emancipation a possibility for me?

Sorry but no. If you are being abused, tell the police or Child Protective Services - at least tell a favorite teacher, school counselor or another trusted adult.

Back