Is bio father liable for child support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickeddad

I recently did paternity test on son and found out I am not the father. I did the paternity test because I found out wife was talking to first HS boyfriend behind my back. Turns out she had been doing this our entire marriage. Please, no comments on how stupid I was for not figuring this out - I have had enough pain from this since I found out. I am only seeking LEGAL position answers. So, I highly suspect that this guy is the father of the 8 year old boy I had thought was my biological son. I know for certain now I am not his biological father. Is there any legal remedy where I can get real father to pay for his child? The boy doesn't know any of this, but this has split my marriage up and I want to know what legal actions I may be able to take.

You are the child's legal father and it is highly unlikely the court will allow you to disestablish paternity - it simply isn't in the 8 year old's best interest.

Only the legal parents are responsible for child support.

Unless there is a demand for you to pay support, do nothing.
If a demand is made then make your argument to the court and see what happens.

Unless there is a demand for you to pay support, do nothing.
If a demand is made then make your argument to the court and see what happens.

Legal Dad has no standing to file any sort of paternity or child support action against Possible Bio Dad.

Legal Dad has no standing to file any sort of paternity or child support action against Possible Bio Dad.

Correct- I was simply stating that if nobody is demanding that legal father make any support payments right now then he could opt to do nothing. If and when support is demanded he can make his argument about biological dad if he wants- not that it would do much good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back