Is an email admissible to prove ex spouse's income

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmb1972

Since the divore, ex spouse has been receiving 300 per week in alimony every week from me and claims, on her taxes, that she makes 15,000 per year in her home business which is all cash. I have recently had a friend send an email inquiring about the business, stating that she is looking for someone in that line of work and how many customers she has per day and how much she charges for her services. She responded to the email saying that she makes 20.00 per house visit and has a regular schedule of about 10 houses per day, sometimes more which is when she has one of the 2 other people she has working for her step in and help out. If you do the math, and just take in to consideration Mon-Fri (although she works every weekend as well) she makes 52K per year all cash.

Can I take this email to court as proof that she is lying about her income and possibly get rid of alimony all together? (She also gets 400.00 in child support each week on top of that).

Please, any guidance I can get would be appreciated....I can barely make ends meet because half of my take-home pay goes to the ex...

An email admission would be laughed out of most courtroom's.

If you believe this cow is cheating the system and you, anonymously report her to the IRS. Let those evil hounds start sniffing around. The truth will come out.

Or, hire a private investigator. They'll get you the goods, if there are any goods to be got!!!

OP, go get your court order.

Find out if your order is actually modifiable. If it is, under what circumstances. It's important.

An email admission would be laughed out of most courtroom's.

If you believe this cow is cheating the system and you, anonymously report her to the IRS. Let those evil hounds start sniffing around. The truth will come out.

Or, hire a private investigator. They'll get you the goods, if there are any goods to be got!!!

The problem is we don't have any money to hire an investigator or we would have done so - is there another way to prove it?

OP, go get your court order.

Find out if your order is actually modifiable. If it is, under what circumstances. It's important.

It is modifiable if I can show proof of a change in circumstance, but getting the proof is the hard part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back