Is a (illinois) qildro agreement irrevocable, no matter how one sided it turns out?

bcr3777

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was under financial stress when I agreed to this qildro, I also agreed to this before I was aware my department was shutting down and that I was being forced basically to retire, she was my second wife, we had no children together, we were officially married for 7.5 years. I have been paying her monthly for 9 years, she is 58 and I'm 65 in july. I already have paid her close to $60,000, she also has gotten a 3% increase every year and the monthly payment is $565 now. I had a lousy lawyer which I paid over $10,000 for this deal. I would also like to say my ex she also worked and still does at the u of i, I got nothing from her retirement, her 4th husband financed her divorce, I was her 3rd. The only property settlement I got was to keep my own house, she didn't qualify for the mortgage but I put her name on the title anyway, (stupid me). I got $17,000 after I sold it. Since I retired from the u of i I was able to work to make up the difference but I broke my leg and no longer can. I live on
$2500 a month, when is enough, enough?

I was under financial stress when I agreed to this qildro, I also agreed to this before I was aware my department was shutting down and that I was being forced basically to retire, she was my second wife, we had no children together, we were officially married for 7.5 years. I have been paying her monthly for 9 years, she is 58 and I'm 65 in july. I already have paid her close to $60,000, she also has gotten a 3% increase every year and the monthly payment is $565 now. I had a lousy lawyer which I paid over $10,000 for this deal. I would also like to say my ex she also worked and still does at the u of i, I got nothing from her retirement, her 4th husband financed her divorce, I was her 3rd. The only property settlement I got was to keep my own house, she didn't qualify for the mortgage but I put her name on the title anyway, (stupid me). I got $17,000 after I sold it. Since I retired from the u of i I was able to work to make up the difference but I broke my leg and no longer can. I live on
$2500 a month, when is enough, enough?

Refer to your court order.

You'll have to consult with a local family law attorney to determine whether your nine year old court order can be modified after all this time.

Sadly, marriage doesn't work out for 50% of the population, yet many of that 50% keep trying.

Back