involuntary termination

This may no longer be about your job. You may be implicated in a criminal conspiracy. I suggest you contact a criminal defense lawyer.

You may be contacted by the police. You could even be arrested. Walmart takes security seriously. They vigorously pursue wrongdoers.

If the police contact you, I suggest you politely refuse to speak about this mess. You may have lost your job. I doubt you wish to lose your freedom, or risk a felony conviction. Therefore, stop talking about this. Your job has been lost. There's almost no chance Walmart will rehire you. There's a very big chance you could be arrested for a felony.

It seems much is missing, but in a nutshell, wrongful termination would be when an employer fires someone for a reason which is prohibited or protected by law.

It seems much is missing, but in a nutshell, wrongful termination would be when an employer fires someone for a reason which is prohibited or protected by law.

In a nutshell, it seems the OP and another person worked in the cash room at a large brick and mortar retailer.

An assistant manager was alleged to have been on a leave of absence, but somehow managed to use his keys to gain access to the cash room and cash went missing, lots of cash.

Fast forward, assistant manager was arrested, OP and the other person were fired.

The OP claims no one can prove the two employees took the cash DIRECTLY, and they were great employees.

The OP wanted her job back, hence my reply.

Suddenly thereafter, the OP's post was edited.

That's the way I remember it.

The termination may feel "wrong" but that doesn't mean it was wrong by legal standards. In order to fire someone on suspicion of theft, they don't need the same evidence or proof that they would to file theft charges. And they can fire you for no reason at all. It's also possible that they believe there may have been collusion, or perhaps the two employees did not follow proper procedures.

Your employer isn't a court of law. They didn't need proof of theft to terminate you. Even if this was unfair - unfair does not mean illegal/wrongful.

Back