internet photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad280zx

is it legal for a company to use photos of my likeness on the internet without my permission,if not can i seek compensation

They can not use photos of your likeness for commercial purposes without your express written permission. That permission usually comes with a price tag. If you find someone using your image, send a cease and desist letter to them. If they REALLY want your image they can pay you for it.

Bay, I believe, since I do own a map, that FLORIDA is in the USA!!!!! :dgrin

There you go getting all jurisdictional on us again.... :p

We all miss things. That's what MALPRACTICE INSURANCE is for!!!! ;-P

these photos were taken while i was working without my knowledge and are being used to promote the type of work this company does

i am no longer employed by this company,i was told that there are pics on internet of my self on the internet so i went to their web site and there they were they have been on there for at least 2 years but i rarely use computers so i had no idea they were there if they would have asked me i would have said NO. no i am not retaliating against them i quit for a better job. but dont think they had the right to put them on the internet and believe they broke the law

I'm pretty sure your employment with them does not give them the right to use your image in their promotional literature. Send them a letter instructing them to "cease and desist" using your image and their attorneys will tell them to take a different picture. Good luck.

thank you for the reply jharris352.so what you are saying is that if someone does something illegal to you you.you would just send them a letter telling them to stop doing it.you would just leave it at that are you sure thats what you would do.maybe you might want to think about your answer to my questions.all they got to do is take it off without any reprocussions and just do it to someone else until they see their image this could be a never ending situation

Are you asking for advice or looking to give me an answer? The first step is a Cease and Desist letter. If they fail to do so then you can seek damages. You can't get rich of this, I'm pretty sure that's where you are heading. Good luck, it's not a jackpot.

thank you jharris352 now thats the answers i was looking for i dont need the money at all if it would cover attorney fees that fine with me.just dont like what was done and a lesson should be learned. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back