International Divorce

PaleHorse

Jurisdiction
South America
If a person is a life long citizen of Brazil and is married to someone in Brazil and they want a divorce can they get a divorce in a country that grants that grants international divorces such as the Dominican Republic? Especially if they don't want any assets or anything else from that spouse.

Then could that person get married in the United States?

I understand the complications if that person or their spouse was a US citizen, but if neither were a US citizen and the divorce were legal, is there anything that would keep that person from remarrying a US citizen?

If a person is a life long citizen of Brazil and is married to someone in Brazil and they want a divorce can they get a divorce in a country that grants that grants international divorces such as the Dominican Republic?

I've never heard of any such thing as an "international divorce." That said, the answer to your question is that any person can get a divorce in any jurisdiction whose laws allow for jurisdiction to grant the divorce to the individual seeking the divorce. You've posted on a board that focuses almost exclusively on U.S. legal issues, and it is the case in every U.S. state that at least one spouse must have lived in that state for some period of time before a court in that state will have jurisdiction to grant a divorce. No one here is likely to have any information about the divorce laws of the Dominican Republic or Brazil.

I understand the complications if that person or their spouse was a US citizen, but if neither were a US citizen and the divorce were legal, is there anything that would keep that person from remarrying a US citizen?

I don't understand the question. In every U.S. state and in most countries in the world, as long as the parties to a marriage are not married to someone else, they can marry each other. Citizenship is irrelevant under the laws of every U.S. state. Whether any other country would impose restrictions based on citizenship is something that no one here is likely to know.

If a person is a life long citizen of Brazil and is married to someone in Brazil and they want a divorce can they get a divorce in a country that grants that grants international divorces such as the Dominican Republic?

Can IMPLIES does one have the ABILITY to obtain a divorce.

The answer to that is, such ability exists within all human beings.

That said, each nation has complete sovereignty over its citizens and the laws governing the nation.

This website discusses the laws of the USA, because that is what we know.

I suggest you speak to one of the excellent lawyers in your lovely country of Barzil, or perhaps in Mississippi where you're posting from a secure DoD network, namely lovely Vicksburg, MS.

You might wish to consider NOT posting personal missives from secure DoD websites.

You are being monitored by DoD personnel, as well as many other INITIAL agencies & bureaus.

Back