Influence & Blackmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackstone

I have been trying to get some insight into the legal opportunities available to me. The issue is fairly straight forward.

I am a salaried/benefits employee of a large company. My company has joined with another company in a Joint Venture. At this time, the Joint Venture has no project to execute as a JV.
My problem has come about from my work relationships with out minority partner. We are the 65% majority partner. The partners management has insited that I be reassigned to other projects because they can't get along with me. I talk down to them and make them feel inferior, etc, Yada Yada. In short, for reasons really known only to them, they want me out of the way as I control very important processes in the work. They want me out of the way.

According to my company, the partner insists on my removal or they will walk out of the deal on the JV. My company, although they told me that they wanted to keep me in place, stated that they had no choice but to reassign me to another office.

This will affect me in negative ways.

My question is: Do I have a case against the so-called partner for a tortious interference between my employer and myself. I am an "at-will" employee as defined under Virginia law.
What if the result of this situation is unemployment? Is this a further cause of action.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back