Indiana Non-Compete Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormysDaddy

I am a subcontractor to a consulting company who has me placed at a Client.

The Client is firing the Consulting Company. But the client would like to keep me on board via another consulting company or direct contract. I signed the following non compete as part of my subcontrator paper work with the consulting company being fired.

3. Non-competition –You, hereby, shall not solicit Client or engage in a like or similar profession or occupation at Client's facility either directly or indirectly for a period of one hundred eighty (180) days following the termination of your assignment under terms of the agreement, unless specific written
authorization has been obtained from (consulting company). Any violation will result in you paying as liquidated damages to (consulting company) an amount equal to one hundred sixty (160) hours at the rate billed to the client as stated in 2 (a).

My question is since the consulting company is being fired by client do they have a legitimate business interest to enforce this non-compete? If they choose to can they hold me to this agreement? And then secondary can they file an injunction to stop me from working for this client while the case is decided?

Thanks.

Have you spoken with your employer (the staffing company)? Unless they can place you somewhere else immediately, I'm not sure why they would enforce this agreement. They're going to lose the business anyway.

But, I'm not an attorney, so check back for further responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back