in trouble for cursing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschiena

called an employee from my cell because I couldn't find him.My cell phone rang about 20 minutes later it was his number when i answered it sounded like he was disguising his voice playing a joke on me so I played along and I was using profanity when talking and he keep egging my on.Well come to find out it was has wife and she was very upset and got the plant manager in volved I was sent home for the day awaiting a decision from upper management.I need some help as to what to do? call someone help me?

Google "at will". An employer or employee may terminate their relationship at anytime with or without cause or warning. The exception is if said termination violates law, cba or, employment contract

You don't think cursing at a co-workers wife is a valid reason to take disciplinary action?

Doesn't matter if she called you, doesn't matter if you thought it was in fun, doesn't matter if it wasn't at work. I don't know what the ultimate resolution will be; maybe they'll just reprimand you and leave it at that. But no matter what the disciplinary action, it will be legal. With very few exceptions that do not appear to apply here, the law does not tell an employer when he can and cannot discipline employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back