In my car in public garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodtymz8

Jurisdiction
California
Please bear with me as I feel embarrassed to ask. I peed myself in my car in a garage bc I tried using a bottle. I don't think anyone saw me but if someone did, what's the worst that'll happen? I did my best to keep myself clean and concealed and don't think anyone saw me.

Please bear with me as I feel embarrassed to ask. I peed myself in my car in a garage bc I tried using a bottle. I don't think anyone saw me but if someone did, what's the worst that'll happen? I did my best to keep myself clean and concealed and don't think anyone saw me.
Don't worry about it.
Just don't do it.

You really seem to worry over nothing.

I don't think anyone saw me but if someone did, what's the worst that'll happen?

I can't answer the question as phrased. In the abstract, the worst that could happen is that someone will do physical violence to you.

Between this and your other thread, you seem to have an abnormal degree of concern about things that might happen. Why is that?

I suspect that this poster suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and as a consequence of his illness is unable to let go of the "but what ifs" of any given situation. If that is the case I have a certain amount of sympathy. It's not his fault and he can't help it.

Poster, to simply get this out of the way, I'm going to answer your question literally. But keep reading, because you're asking the wrong question, and I'm going to answer the question I think you're REALLY asking after that.

To answer the question you have asked, Zddoodah has given you one scenario. Within the legal system, the worst that could happen is that you are arrested, charged and convicted of indecent exposure, which is a misdemeanor offense in your state and carries with it possible sentences of fines up to $1000 and up to six months in jail.

Okay, that's out of the way. You know the worst.

But the question you ought to be asking is, "What are the odds that anything at all is going to happen?" And the answer to that is, so low that I don't think they've yet invented the instrument that is capable of estimating odds that low.

If anything were going to happen, it would have happened on the scene, with the evidence still in hand - so to speak. If the entire incident ended and you exited the garage without any law enforcement office shouting, "Stop, you criminal" or words to that effect, it's so likely that nothing will happen that the only reason I'm not saying there's NO chance is that I don't believe in superlatives.

Oh, I hear you next inventing, but what there wasn't a cop on the scene, but there was a civilian who saw me, and they then reported me? Unless that civilian had a cell phone and recorded you, (and in that case for them to be close enough for the recording to pick up anything worthwhile, you'd have likewise been able to see them), not only the cops but also the DA would have to be very, very bored with far too much time on their hands and not much of a case load before they would bother trying to identify you and then arrest you when by that time there would be NO evidence beyond the witness testimony. Which IMO is not sufficient evidence to convict you. Even a bad attorney could get "reasonable doubt" on that one without even breaking a sweat. Not to mention the fact that what you have described would have to be stretched pretty far to fall under the statute to begin with.

So relax.

what's the worst that'll happen?

Good news, mate.
You avoided the worst case scenario because you're a quick thinker.

The urge to urinate hit you.

You quickly relieved yourself into an empty container, not upon your person or the interior of your motor conveyance.

Smart choice, all is well than ended well.

Merry Christmas...
s-l1600-1.jpg

I suspect that this poster suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and as a consequence of his illness is unable to let go of the "but what ifs" of any given situation. If that is the case I have a certain amount of sympathy. It's not his fault and he can't help it.

Poster, to simply get this out of the way, I'm going to answer your question literally. But keep reading, because you're asking the wrong question, and I'm going to answer the question I think you're REALLY asking after that.

To answer the question you have asked, Zddoodah has given you one scenario. Within the legal system, the worst that could happen is that you are arrested, charged and convicted of indecent exposure, which is a misdemeanor offense in your state and carries with it possible sentences of fines up to $1000 and up to six months in jail.

Okay, that's out of the way. You know the worst.

But the question you ought to be asking is, "What are the odds that anything at all is going to happen?" And the answer to that is, so low that I don't think they've yet invented the instrument that is capable of estimating odds that low.

If anything were going to happen, it would have happened on the scene, with the evidence still in hand - so to speak. If the entire incident ended and you exited the garage without any law enforcement office shouting, "Stop, you criminal" or words to that effect, it's so likely that nothing will happen that the only reason I'm not saying there's NO chance is that I don't believe in superlatives.

Oh, I hear you next inventing, but what there wasn't a cop on the scene, but there was a civilian who saw me, and they then reported me? Unless that civilian had a cell phone and recorded you, (and in that case for them to be close enough for the recording to pick up anything worthwhile, you'd have likewise been able to see them), not only the cops but also the DA would have to be very, very bored with far too much time on their hands and not much of a case load before they would bother trying to identify you and then arrest you when by that time there would be NO evidence beyond the witness testimony. Which IMO is not sufficient evidence to convict you. Even a bad attorney could get "reasonable doubt" on that one without even breaking a sweat. Not to mention the fact that what you have described would have to be stretched pretty far to fall under the statute to begin with.

So relax.

ok. Thanks for your sympathy. This is a mild worry but it's big too. WORST (unlikely) CASE: let's say I forgot to pull the very front upper part of my sweats up. I of course would have them covered but Incase ANY part was exposed, I went out to get a permit a half hour later. IF there was someone that was trying to photo/record me, do you think I woulda noticed? If they did record me, how likely you thibk it is I'd be found? And be in trouble right on the spot? Mind you I parked there for 1-2 hours and was only walking like 20 min away so I woulda been easy to find. Not to mention my car.

ok. Thanks for your sympathy. This is a mild worry but it's big too. WORST (unlikely) CASE: let's say I forgot to pull the very front upper part of my sweats up. I of course would have them covered but Incase ANY part was exposed, I went out to get a permit a half hour later. IF there was someone that was trying to photo/record me, do you think I woulda noticed? If they did record me, how likely you thibk it is I'd be found? And be in trouble right on the spot? Mind you I parked there for 1-2 hours and was only walking like 20 min away so I woulda been easy to find. Not to mention my car.

YES. I think if anyone was trying to record you at ANY time, you would have seen them.

And I recognize this scenario now - you've posted this before. My sympathy is waning.

If you were going to get in trouble for this, it would already have happened.

YES. I think if anyone was trying to record you at ANY time, you would have seen them.

And I recognize this scenario now - you've posted this before. My sympathy is waning.

If you were going to get in trouble for this, it would already have happened.
Question Answered. Have a great day. Now if I mayask this serious in a light hearted tone: correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded even here that I worried over nothing. I think I should just get on with my day?

Question Answered. Have a great day. Now if I mayask this serious in a light hearted tone: correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded even here that I worried over nothing. I think I should just get on with my day?

I think that if you've put ten minutes into worrying about this, it was nine and a half minutes too long. Get on with your life.

Yes. Go forth and sin no more....and keep your junk tucked inside your pants where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back