Improper care of minor.

jesus9954

Jurisdiction
Nevada
Hello, make a long story short my daughter is 15 and she has mental health issues so she is in a mental health facility because she needs constant care/supervision. She had sexual relations the facility due to poor supervision and needless to say i am very angry about that and something needs to be done about this.

Hello, make a long story short my daughter is 15 and she has mental health issues so she is in a mental health facility because she needs constant care/supervision. She had sexual relations the facility due to poor supervision and needless to say i am very angry about that and something needs to be done about this.

You can contact a local attorney and discuss the situation with him or her.

I would also contact the police ASAP.

You may not have much of anything to pursue with this.
If it is a supervision issue you can try and resolve the problem with the staff or find a new facility.

It was with another minor under their care. I should contact a lawyer that specializes in what exactly? That's what i am having problems finding.

Talk to any lawyer to discover what legal remedies are available to you.

How old was her sexual playmate?

Was she sexually assaulted, raped, or coerced?

Bear in mind, if her sexmate was an adult (18 or older), that alone could be a crime.

The fact that she MIGHT be having psychological issues, MIGHT also make the sex act a crime.

If the male was a minor who is also a patient at the mental health facility it is unlikely to be treated as a crime.
It sounds like more of a counseling issue to me.
Maybe some sort of staff discipline is in order regarding lack of supervision, but that would be up to the facility.

Sounds more like your beef is with your daughter. Unless she isn't allowed any unsupervised time (which would be exceedingly rare), stuff happens. Plenty of teens living at home manage to find a way to sleep around without their parents knowing. When you brought it up with her treatment team, what was the response? When you spoke to your child about her promiscuous behavior, what was the response?

Talk to any lawyer to discover what legal remedies are available to you.

How old was her sexual playmate?

Was she sexually assaulted, raped, or coerced?

Bear in mind, if her sexmate was an adult (18 or older), that alone could be a crime.

The fact that she MIGHT be having psychological issues, MIGHT also make the sex act a crime.
He might be 14 and says the Boy was bugging her for sex and she gave in. The thing that is concerning to me is they are there to keep an eye on the kids so how is it possible that this happened?
The facility did not do what they get paid alot of money to do.

He might be 14 and says the Boy was bugging her for sex and she gave in. The thing that is concerning to me is they are there to keep an eye on the kids so how is it possible that this happened?

The facility did not do what they get paid alot of money to do.

Have you spoken to a lawyer?

Each day you don't could cause further harm to your child.

All anyone here can do is offer you words.

Your child needs action.

Children can't give consent to any sexual activity.

I could bore you to death with more words, but you need to take action.

Have you spoken to your state's child services agency?

If you do nothing more, that would be a great place to start, and it costs you nothing.

One more thing, the children in that facility are all in need of great medical and psychiatric care.

Sexual activity is no value to any person in a delicate state.

Your child should have a complete medical examination.

She could have contracted a disease.

She might be pregnant.

I hope you do something to get your child the help she needs.

Back