Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct I'm being cyberstalked and it's escalating. What options exist?

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
For almost a year now I've had a very disturbed person obsessed with me. I'm writing here as a last resort. I don't know what else to do. I'm in New York, he is in Texas.

This person was real-life stalking a friend of mine for years. He would show up at my friend's work, contact his entire family, call his employer. He even faked a suicide attempt once to get his attention.

He then began stalking all of his friends, which is how he found me. That was 9 months ago and he's been harassing me ever since. It is all day, every day.

My work requires me to be a guest on podcasts/YouTube shows often. He has followed me to the last 30+ shows I've been a guest on, smearing my name with crazy stories. He then harasses my friends and their social media just for knowing me. He says it's his goal to "poison" my life.

He has made multiple Twitter accounts with my picture that are 100% dedicated to harassing me and anyone who follows me. He's now on his 5th account, thousands upon thousands of tweets about me, accusing me of every crazy thing you can imagine.

He seems to think I'm obsessed with him or that I'm stalking him and has all these crazy stories: that he has a lawsuit against me, a restraining order against me, he says the FBI are involved, he says I assaulted him... I have never met this person in my life! It's gotten so bad that I have to warn every person in my life, and every business associate, of this person in advance. I very much fear that it's harming my reputation.

I have a live event I will be at this month, it's a conference that I'm hosting in his state. He began sending me creepy messages saying he's looking forward to seeing me, and now he says he's coming to the event.

What can I do? I know his name, I can prove it's him, and I also know where he works. My friend had filed police reports against him, but had no luck with law enforcement beyond that so I'm nervous. This guy is sick, I'm scared of what he might be capable of if he shows up. Is a restraining order an option?

For almost a year now I've had a very disturbed person obsessed with me. I'm writing here as a last resort. I don't know what else to do. I'm in New York, he is in Texas.

This person was real-life stalking a friend of mine for years. He would show up at my friend's work, contact his entire family, call his employer. He even faked a suicide attempt once to get his attention.

He then began stalking all of his friends, which is how he found me. That was 9 months ago and he's been harassing me ever since. It is all day, every day.

My work requires me to be a guest on podcasts/YouTube shows often. He has followed me to the last 30+ shows I've been a guest on, smearing my name with crazy stories. He then harasses my friends and their social media just for knowing me. He says it's his goal to "poison" my life.

He has made multiple Twitter accounts with my picture that are 100% dedicated to harassing me and anyone who follows me. He's now on his 5th account, thousands upon thousands of tweets about me, accusing me of every crazy thing you can imagine.

He seems to think I'm obsessed with him or that I'm stalking him and has all these crazy stories: that he has a lawsuit against me, a restraining order against me, he says the FBI are involved, he says I assaulted him... I have never met this person in my life! It's gotten so bad that I have to warn every person in my life, and every business associate, of this person in advance. I very much fear that it's harming my reputation.

I have a live event I will be at this month, it's a conference that I'm hosting in his state. He began sending me creepy messages saying he's looking forward to seeing me, and now he says he's coming to the event.

What can I do? I know his name, I can prove it's him, and I also know where he works. My friend had filed police reports against him, but had no luck with law enforcement beyond that so I'm nervous. This guy is sick, I'm scared of what he might be capable of if he shows up. Is a restraining order an option?

Cyber Crime — FBI

New York | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Personally, I would call the FBI. If they can't assist you they may be able to direct you to help.

Maybe. NAL so you'd have to ask one in TX. You can also ask about the feasibility of having the event organizer or the venue owner getting this person trespassed/banned from the venue site.

What kind of security is expected at the event?

Back