im 17 ang pregnant how can i et emancipated fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizterii18

i am 17, i will be 18 in january. i also just found out that i am pregnant. My mother has joint legal and physical costody of me. Unforunately my mother is a drug addict who lost 6 children because she was on drugs. My father raised me for most of my life. He has given my his permission to move in with my 24 year old boyfriend jake. My moher refuses to allow it but has sent me to live wih my aunt kelly even though she allowed jake to live with me for 3 months before sending me to my aunts house. I am pregnant with jakes baby and i would like to move in with him so that we may start prepairing for our baby. Is there anything i can do to move in with him with one paents consent and not the other.

You have three problems

1. We dont know state. (Not all states have emancipation laws)
2. Pregnant teens dont get emancipated
3. You will be 18 before process would be completed

your bf could end up being a crminal and sex offender

and btw, your bf COULD face criminal charges for impregnanting his underage gf. which would mean not only a criminal record, but being a registered sex offender, which he will carry for the rest of his life.

Jurisdiction is important

It's important to know where you live. It's possible that your boyfriend committed rape if the age of consent is 18. If not, things sometimes do change when you are pregnant despite some of the comments on this boad. Your best bet is to get MARRIED. I know it's a strange concept but it's tried and true. If you let me know what state you are in I'll tell you if you need your father's signature or not. If you get married your emancipation will automatically happen.

I'm not unhappy with the board. I'm unhappy with people like you who give totally incorrect advice and then want to argue about it. This is a serious situation this isn't a game.

The age of consent is 16 UNLESS the older party is 18 or under then it is 14. This law went into effect in 2006.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but when you are wrong just be wrong or get some evidence to prove I am wrong and I'd be happy to apologize if I'm wrong. Would you like me to show you the code section?

I'm not unhappy with the board. I'm unhappy with people like you who give totally incorrect advice and then want to argue about it. This is a serious situation this isn't a game.

The age of consent is 16 UNLESS the older party is 18 or under then it is 14. This law went into effect in 2006.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but when you are wrong just be wrong or get some evidence to prove I am wrong and I'd be happy to apologize if I'm wrong. Would you like me to show you the code section?

What state are you referring to here? Or are you referring to Federal Stat's?

I did a little quick research on the age of consent in SC.

Am I missing something? The OP never mentioned her state. She could be anywhere including California where the AOC is 18 and once paternity is established her 24 year old boyfriend is looking a felony rape charges. She will not be able to this guy if, per statute of her state, he raped her. She will never be emancipated due to pregnancy...NO STATE would allow that.

But no one can advise this child properly until she answers the questions in post 2.

No I'm missing something. This thread and another similar thread got. . . . . ..CROSS THREADED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back