I wish to become emancipated based on my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The programs are state-based. Type "child in need of services" and your state name into a Google search and it should be one of the top choices.

you stay untill youre 18

I need help with a serious decision that I wish to make. I want to become emancipated because of my life at home. I can't provide the complete story but I just need to know if I am able to be emancipated. I don't have a job because my parents won't allow me to get one. I have an alternative place to live because my friend and his parents will allow me to stay with them but I am currently living at home. I ran away once and tried to live with my mom in Las Vegas but I got caught so I decided to go to SafeHouse for three weeks. I came back home and I had a situation at home where I went to a school counselor and filed a CPS report because my parents and I got into a heated discussion but it got a little physical. My step-mom wants me out of the house and I want to leave as well. I need a lot of help. Please supply some advice. I'll use it wisely and consider everything carefully. Please help.

since you dont have a job, and cant fully support yourself, you will not be emancipated. it doesnt matter what your stepmom wants, your parents are legally responsible for supporting you untill youre 18, and they cannot kick you out, and if they do, they can face criminal charges.

I'm not certain of the laws in California, but in many states at 17 there is no need to be emancipated. Check the laws there. However, if you do have to be emancipated you will have to show that you can take care of yourself. That would include income for shelter, food and clothing. Living at your friend's house doesn't count. Good luck. 18 is just around the corner.

I'm not certain of the laws in California, but in many states at 17 there is no need to be emancipated. Check the laws there. However, if you do have to be emancipated you will have to show that you can take care of yourself. That would include income for shelter, food and clothing. Living at your friend's house doesn't count. Good luck. 18 is just around the corner.

If you are not "certain" of the law for California...Why are you posting to the thread?

but in many states at 17 there is no need to be emancipated

What are you implying here? That by turning 17 a LEGAL CHILD doesn't need emancipation to LEGALLY move from their parents/guardians home? Can you post a statute to ANY state that would support this assertion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back