i was let go

mayameish

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I have some questions about being let go. I worked for this company for 17 years and never been in trouble. Have worked hard and dedicated my life to this company and even filled in extra days when needed. One day recently with bad judgment and I guess a bad sense of humor that I didn't think too much into when I did it but play the joke that ultimately cost me my job. It was honestly a joke and I apologized a hundred times for it but will still let go. The joke was put on a paper and was under one of the refrigerators in our break room that only employee's saw. It read I want to play a game five liquids and this refrigerator have been mixed with a laxative will you die of thirst or will you face your fear and destroy your asshole. let the games begin. I've never been in trouble or misbehaved and was never rude. This was out of character for me. I would greatly appreciate some advice. I have another hearing monday to plead for my job. One thing that was said was the workers feared there safety. I don't get that part, i understand what i did but i didn't threaten anyone's life.
Please help

One thing that was said was the workers feared there safety. I don't get that part, i understand what i did but i didn't threaten anyone's life.
Please help

Not much you can do, because you admitted to the disastrous deed.
Beyond your immediate situation, you're an at will employee.
That means you serve at the discretion and pleasure of your employer's management.
You can be terminated without reason, at any time, just because the boss is angry because she lost her keys, or he spilled coffee on his clothing.
I wish you well, and who knows, you might get lucky on Monday.
After all, crazier things have happened.
In the future, work is where you go to work, not joke around and prank people.
In the era of Post_September 11, with terrorists killing people, any threat is taken seriously.
What you did was cause uproar and clamor, which isn't conducive to any business environment.
I suggest you never play pranks anywhere, especially a prank which threatens another person's safety or makes them fear for their life.

All you can do at this point is continue to apologize and hope they are willing to give you another chance. I had a boss who said all the time that "perception is everything." You may not have intended to threaten anyone and maybe you don't get it, but if someone truly felt threatened, well those were their feelings at the time.

All you can do is "plead your case" & apologize again on Monday. If you are terminated, it would be a legal termination. In at will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law such as religion, race, gender......or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

If you are terminated, apply for unemployment ins. (the state will decide if you qualify) & look for other employment.

All you can do is "plead your case" & apologize again on Monday. If you are terminated, it would be a legal termination. In at will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law such as religion, race, gender......or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

If you are terminated, apply for unemployment ins. (the state will decide if you qualify) & look for other employment.
Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate your advice.

All you can do at this point is continue to apologize and hope they are willing to give you another chance. I had a boss who said all the time that "perception is everything." You may not have intended to threaten anyone and maybe you don't get it, but if someone truly felt threatened, well those were their feelings at the time.
Thank you for your thoughts and advice. I will definitely apologize again and hopefully i can get my job back.

Not much you can do, because you admitted to the disastrous deed.
Beyond your immediate situation, you're an at will employee.
That means you serve at the discretion and pleasure of your employer's management.
You can be terminated without reason, at any time, just because the boss is angry because she lost her keys, or he spilled coffee on his clothing.
I wish you well, and who knows, you might get lucky on Monday.
After all, crazier things have happened.
In the future, work is where you go to work, not joke around and prank people.
In the era of Post_September 11, with terrorists killing people, any threat is taken seriously.
What you did was cause uproar and clamor, which isn't conducive to any business environment.
I suggest you never play pranks anywhere, especially a prank which threatens another person's safety or makes them fear for their life.
You have made a lot of since and made a big impact on me with your words. I appreciate your time in getting back to me.

Back