I was discriminated against by a foreigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinblakely

The Day's Inn lead me to believe I had a job that I was excited about untill I found out that all my training hours would be unpaid. They didn't tell me right away. I had to figure it out. They said , " We no pay for training ask anybody." I didn't say anything because I wanted a job untill it came time to go to work the next day in hurricane weather with half the town's eletricity out along with our front yard pond that was overflowing the driveway. I just couldn't go through all that for free. When I called in to tell them I also asked for more than minimum wage because of my education, job experience, and ability to run a small lock & key business. My resume looked good on paper
and I was proud of my qualifications. I had confidence in my self untill they never called me back. I wrote a letter explaining my want to work. I tried to convince them I was atleast worth $7 an hour because of my different abilities to more than just a receptionist. I thought I could be an asset but instead they treated me like a threat to their abilities to operate as an intelligent American. They treated me like a bumb after I was the one helping them. They couldn't take the time to talk to me kindly. When I called and asked if they got my letter they denied getting it even after I sent two. They were just rude to me with a very uncaring attitude. Even after that I still tried to persuade him to give me a chance to show him my potential but I wasn't going to work anymore unpaid hours because that is illegal. Then he ended the conversation with " I no hire you. You say that. You tell. I don't care." I was crushed and my sense of value fell hard to the ground along with the tears that fell from my eyes.
Who would treat a prospective asset to the company with such contempt unless they were discriminating against me as an American woman because of my potential far exceeding their abilities to even to talk English or even be a real American.

This is one lame website. I'm sorry I shared with a bunch of losers who have wasted my time. I don't need a lawyer I will go to the Department of labor and Equal Employment Oppurtunity Commision myself. They are not going to get away with it just because you think I deserved it. You deserve a foot up yours for thinking that way. Kiss off!

This is one lame website. I'm sorry I shared with a bunch of losers who have wasted my time. I don't need a lawyer I will go to the Department of labor and Equal Employment Oppurtunity Commision myself. They are not going to get away with it just because you think I deserved it. You deserve a foot up yours for thinking that way. Kiss off!

MY GOODNESS! Did you think one of us would go to the Department of Labor or the EEOC for you? You ARE on the wrong site!

And just to set the record straight, NO ONE said you deserved what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back