Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders I was arrested for soliciting prostitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

panochador

Yesterday I was arrested for soliciting prostitution. I set up a meeting at a hotel with someone on Craigslist, and the police had set up a sting operation. I was released a few hours later, and was told that I will get a letter in the mail in 6-8 weeks to tell me when to go to court. I live in MN.

I have never been arrested before in my life, and this is all brand new territory for me. I cannot afford a lawyer, and I'm scared to death that this will ruin my marriage.

What can I do? Is there anywhere I can turn to for free legal representation in MN? What is the fine for this kind of thing? Is there any way I can keep this off my record?

Please help!

Yikes!! You definitely need an attorney. Now, as far as how this will impact your life, well... it will do it big time. Too late now for regrets.

You can request a public defender or see if you can find a pro-bono attorney. You can get referrals for a pro-bono attorney either at the courthouse or the local bar association.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
First of all, was any words exchanged for any sexual favors for exchange for cash? If not, then they have no case. Also, what did the craigs list ad say?

I need details to help you on this.

As mistiblue said - two people meeting for a good time, so long as compensation was not exchanged, is perfectly legal. They might be trying to bully you to get a confession. Funding is low in their dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back