I want to obtain legal custody of my niece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura90

My name is Laura and I am 23 years old. I want to see if it is possible to obtain the legal custody of niece she is 2 years old. I believe that my niece is in terrible danger as she lives in Mexico. I live in WA and want to bring her to live with me. Her mother has agreed to give me legal custody, but I do not know what I would need and if it is possible at all.

My name is Laura and I am 23 years old. I want to see if it is possible to obtain the legal custody of niece she is 2 years old. I believe that my niece is in terrible danger as she lives in Mexico. I live in WA and want to bring her to live with me. Her mother has agreed to give me legal custody, but I do not know what I would need and if it is possible at all.

Since you last posted, the mother has scurried off to Mexico with the child?

What citizenship is the mother?

What citizenship is the father?

When you say mom will give you legal custody, do you mean through the courts, or a notarized letter?

Finally, if you believe the child is in imminent danger of being neglected, harmed, molested, or mistreated; you should IMMEDIATELY report what you know to the police authorities where you believe the child is being housed.

If the child (or anyone) that is a US citizen is in danger abroad, please contact the US Department of State (contact details follow):

Contact the Department of State in the U.S. call 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. or Canada) or (202) 501-4444

Consular officers are available for emergency assistance 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.

Contact the local police to report the incident and get immediate help. You should request a copy of the police report and obtain contact information of the police official you spoke with about the emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back