i want to give my baby up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashafeirce

hello im in a situation where a friend of my client is pregnant and wants to give her baby up we were introduced by my client and we both agreed that she would give the baby to me and she dent want any ties to the baby i had a agreement contract typed up of what we both agreed upon she signed i signed we had a witness sign and had it notarized she is due march 9th 2014 she called 2/28/14 and put her mom on the phone and the mom says she just found out and she is not letting her give me the baby. what can i do please help

hello im in a situation where a friend of my client is pregnant and wants to give her baby up we were introduced by my client and we both agreed that she would give the baby to me and she dent want any ties to the baby i had a agreement contract typed up of what we both agreed upon she signed i signed we had a witness sign and had it notarized she is due march 9th 2014 she called 2/28/14 and put her mom on the phone and the mom says she just found out and she is not letting her give me the baby. what can i do please help

You can't give away people, because it's illegal to traffic in human beings.
If you want to adopt a baby, it must be done through the courts, unlike it's done at the local animal shelter.
In the end, you're better off that she was discouraged from doing this.
Plus, if mom to be was a minor, that could have gotten you in bigger trouble.

One last thought for you to ponder.
What you created was no contract.
Contracts create obligations, both parties give something to get something.
So, if you offered her (_$_FILL IN THE BLANK__) for her to "gift or give" you her baby, that's not a contract, that's human trafficking.
Its also illegal.

You can't give babies away, nor can you buy them.

Last edited:
It is legal however to pay (or offer to pay) the mother's expenses....and there are "safe haven" laws in all 50 states.

Just to make sure OP knows what we're saying ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back