Medical Malpractice I want this Dr's medical license revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacemaker

I delivered a child almost 2 years ago. Between 16-20 weeks of my pregnancy I took the AFP test. The result showed that I had higher than normal levels of HCG hormone. When I googled for more info., all the links led me to only one place "down syndrome". I was really worried and had lots of questions about that. When we called the my OBGYN with our questions, she quickly concluded that HCG hormone causes still birth, premature labor etc but no down syndrome. We called her again and again but got the same reply. I took a 2nd level ultra sound which revealed no signs of typical down syndrome traits in the baby. So the dr. ruled out everything. I delived a beautiful little girl thru normal delivery but the baby has down syndrome. After delivery when we called her about the news, she says she warned me (mom) about this and asked to go for a more conclusive test and that I denied for that. This is an utter lie !

I am very happy for my little girl and enjoying every moment of my life with her. But the fact that the dr. lied right through her teeth makes me very angry. I trusted her with my and my little ones life. But she broke the trust and such a cheat and liar and incompetent person should not be allowed to practise medicine any more. Can anybody pls help me. Thanks.

You should file a complaint against this doctor with the American Medical Association locally and nationally. The AMA board will review your complaint and take appropriate disciplinary actions against her. Good Luck!

You can file a complaint with your state medical board but it does not mean that malpractice occured. what if you would have been told ahead of time that the baby has downs? Would you have kept the pregnancy?
The HCG horomone does not cause DS, a chromosomal abnormality causes DS. Only an amnio can really give a somewhat accurate result if the baby has DS but there is no 100% way to diagnose a DS baby prior to birth.

Thanks for your reply. The dr. did refer me to a 2nd level ultra sound which revealed nothing new. But she didn't say a word about amnio to me during pregnancy. After the baby was born and after knowing the DNA analysis, when we called her say says she talked to me about amnio and that I outrightly denied it which is a total lie.

The fact that what I would have done if I had known about the baby's condition during pregnancy is irrelevant now. We claim that we have such ultra modern medical facilities available and cutting edge technology is used... blah blah blah, what is the use of all that crap if it is not properly applied in real time.

People always say they understand how it is to bring up a child with down syndrome. Its all bull. No one understands it other than the parents going through that. Every night I stay awake for hours and hours worrying about her future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back