I need help

H

Hannah Rena

Jurisdiction
Alabama
So um my name is Hannah I'm 13 and my dad he hit me when I was younger and he kept on. The last time he hit me was a couple months ago. Both my parents and all my family treat me like shit. I have very bad depression and anxiety and other stuff and my dad like I said he physically abused me and they've always verbally abused me and I've tried to commit suicide because that's how bad I am and I just I can't take this anymore I can't take living here and I'm scared of myself while I'm living here and I just I need help I need to get out of here but idk how exactly so could y'all give me some adivce?

So um my name is Hannah I'm 13 and my dad he hit me when I was younger and he kept on. The last time he hit me was a couple months ago. Both my parents and all my family treat me like shit. I have very bad depression and anxiety and other stuff and my dad like I said he physically abused me and they've always verbally abused me and I've tried to commit suicide because that's how bad I am and I just I can't take this anymore I can't take living here and I'm scared of myself while I'm living here and I just I need help I need to get out of here but idk how exactly so could y'all give me some adivce?

Yeah, okay, you call "911" immediately.
Tell the operator you want to report receiving a brutal beating by your dad, as your mother smiled and hatefully cheered him on.

Tell them you need help right away, as you're scared for your safety, because your brutal, thug of a father threatens you with more beatings, as he and your mom shout insults and obscenities at you.

The police will arrest mom and pop, and you'll be taken into the "foster care system" to live for five years with a bunch of friendly strangers.

Good luck.

Tell the operator you want to report receiving a brutal beating by your dad, as your mother smiled and hatefully cheered him on.

Tell them you need help right away, as you're scared for your safety, because your brutal, thug of a father threatens you with more beatings, as he and your mom shout insults and obscenities at you.

The police will arrest mom and pop, and you'll be taken into the "foster care system" to live for five years with a bunch of friendly strangers.

Good luck.

Good luck.
What the hell..? that's not true tho and I can't lie to the police but I do wanna get put in the foster care system

What the hell..? that's not true tho and I can't lie to the police but I do wanna get put in the foster care system

Sweet, huh?

The cops always believe kids, so go ahead do whatever it takes to get that thug and his she cow locked up for torturing, abusing, and molesting you.

Sweet, huh?

The cops always believe kids, so go ahead do whatever it takes to get that thug and his she cow locked up for torturing, abusing, and molesting you.
Look all I want is out of this house and to get put in foster care, I don't wanna do all that so I know there's some other way to be able to get put in foster care instead of that. Isn't there?

Look all I want is out of this house and to get put in foster care, I don't wanna do all that so I know there's some other way to be able to get put in foster care instead of that. Isn't there?

No way, this works.

Heck, I oughta know, I did it to my thug of a hoodlum mother and father. Boy did I show that pair of criminals for messing with a 10 year old kid. All I wanted was a bike, bet they wish they'd bought me that bike.

Yeah, I showed them two.

That was 25 years ago, they're both still in prison. Plus, when I got to be an adult, I got all their stuff, money, and property. I was a victim kid, see.

Call DHR, call the school and talk to the counselor/teacher, call your preacher, call the local law enforcement agency.

If your being abused you call Police or tell a mandated reporter like a teacher etc. By the way the Foster care system is filled with adults worse than what your parents are

Could my cousin become my legal guardian then?

Call the cops already kid, like I done did afore when I was a kid.
Show 'em already who's da boss, afore your daddy pound the bejesus outta you like the last time.

You better learn 'em real quick kid, or else you're a gonna be getting beaten again, and again, and again.

Ignore army judge. Do not lie to the police or anyone else. By hit do you mean you are being physically abused or did your parents spank when you did something wrong? Big difference. If you are being abused, report it to child protective services. Your cousin could also report on your behalf, as must teachers, doctors, and counselors. Whether you are removed from the home or not is anyone's guess as the goal of such agencies is to keep the family in tact. Unless you are actually currently physically in danger, the police are not going to be able to help. They might call CPS, but they are not in the business of arresting parents because a teenager is unhappy.

As for your mental health, if you can get your parents to agree to take you to a doctor, tell your doctor about your depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts. You can also seek out help through your school's guidance counselor. Even over the summer the counselors are available. Churches also frequently offer support groups and counseling.

You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255. Contact these folks Lifeline, which even offer support over Facebook. IMAlive – An Online Crisis Network offers help online. Please check out the resources and groups here Crisis Text Line. There is even a number you can text for help at any time.

Just remember, it gets better. Ask pretty much any adult if they would go back to being 13 for a million dollars and you can keep your money.

First, do not listen to 'army judge'.

Second, do listen to ElleMD.

Third, you can report the abuse in many forms. Telling a teacher or medical doctor for example requires them by law to report the abuse to the police who will inform Child Protective Services (CPS). CPS will interview you and your family to determine the scope of alleged abuse. If they find that your safety is in jeopardy, they will remove you from the household. Typically, CPS attempts to place children with relatives before submitting them to the foster care system.

Four, the foster care system can be a difficult system to manage for teens. Many perspective parents want young children or babies and older adoptions are less likely. Also understand some foster families just want the money and will not provide an emotionally supportive home life. However, you should not have to deal with abuse in foster care (or at all for that matter).

Five, it can get better. There are resources available to help you cope, get counseling and set you up for success. Asking here is great, talking to a social worker or counselor is even better.

I'll weigh in. I understand exactly what @army judge is trying to say, which is a sarcastic but realistic explanation of the consequences just like what @shrinkmaster is trying to explain to you.

There are a good number of teenagers who come here complaining about parental abuse and all sorts of issues which are probably not as severe as the troubled teen would like us to believe. It's quite possible yours are but look at the consequences if you complain about parental abuse. The net result is that your parents might get investigated or possibly arrested if the allegations are serious enough, perhaps not in this case. But you will also almost certainly be creating an even more difficult situation at home and the solution may be to be placed with foster parents, which could be significantly worse.

Your school should have a guidance counselor of sorts with whom you can speak. Typically if the guidance counselor suspects that the abuse is serious enough, the appropriate authorities will be contacted, like Child Protective Services. You may prefer mediation with your parents to being removed - I don't know. It's possible that your situation is really that terrible. But wishing yourself to be saved by the foster care system is not realistic.

Anyway, we have and need a very open communication system here so if you'd like to respond, the discussion can continue.

Back