I 'll kick your carcass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellmayer

Hi my name is ..... at the end of 2012 I was fired from my job where I started in 2007 , in 2009 I resigned the position on food and beberage supervisor to be a regular employee because the pressure and the way in which my manager made ​​me feel was horrible . He made comments like : you spanish people talk too much, spanish people do not speak English well, and a lot more, i still have all the email that i send to the General manager, even if I do i am spanish i felt very offended. one the day before he left work he told me in front of other employees : if everything it's not the way I want,I 'll kick your ass, he made me fell horrible.
On 2010 i had an accident with my knee,was not work related,but work shifts 10-11 hours without the right to rest made my pain much worse.
after a lot of complaining to human resources and some emails I sent to General manager they began to press me very hard, until one day when I was finishing my night shift and taking a pizza with me that was left by a guest.
when I left the supervisor lost prevention was already waiting for me outside .
We always go out with pizzas left by guests, I even asked another employee if he wanted that pizza but he said he was driven a motorcycle and it was hard.
My supervisor saw me with the pizza but did not say anything , he listened when I offered to another employee.
But when I returned to work they fired me for taking the pizza without permission.
My supervisor has denied that every night We would take the left over. They were looking for a way to fire me, and they used this fact.
There is anything i can do it about?.

Hi my name is ..... at the end of 2012 I was fired from my job where I started in 2007 , in 2009 I resigned the position on food and beberage supervisor to be a regular employee because the pressure and the way in which my manager made ​​me feel was horrible . He made comments like : you spanish people talk too much, spanish people do not speak English well, and a lot more, i still have all the email that i send to the General manager, even if I do i am spanish i felt very offended. one the day before he left work he told me in front of other employees : if everything it's not the way I want,I 'll kick your ass, he made me fell horrible.
On 2010 i had an accident with my knee,was not work related,but work shifts 10-11 hours without the right to rest made my pain much worse.
after a lot of complaining to human resources and some emails I sent to General manager they began to press me very hard, until one day when I was finishing my night shift and taking a pizza with me that was left by a guest.
when I left the supervisor lost prevention was already waiting for me outside .
We always go out with pizzas left by guests, I even asked another employee if he wanted that pizza but he said he was driven a motorcycle and it was hard.
My supervisor saw me with the pizza but did not say anything , he listened when I offered to another employee.
But when I returned to work they fired me for taking the pizza without permission.
My supervisor has denied that every night We would take the left over. They were looking for a way to fire me, and they used this fact.
There is anything i can do it about?.

Yes, if you get another job, don't STEAL PIZZAS or anything.

All that other stuff you'll have to prove, not just allege.

So, without proof, you're hosed.

You remain FREE to discuss this with local attorneys and see what they advise.

You can't be terminated because your Spanish but you can be terminated for other reasons even if you are Spanish - such as taking the pizza without permission.

You can talk to an attorney (someone you can give complete info to) & see what the attorney thinks before pursuing further. We don't have complete information re what all went on & was said. If you were terminated 2012, you might have waited too long to take any action.

If all this happened a year ago, you are a bit late to the party. The general comments about Spanish speaking folks sounds out of line but if your supervisor was hard on everyone, it isn't illegal. Even so, being several years in the past it is way beyond the point you can take any sort of action. There is no requirement that you be given extra breaks because of a knee injury. It is nice if it is possible and voluntarily granted but your employer is not obligated to accommodate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back