I let my step daughter take my 6 year old daughter to washington for the summer

Hollypatrick6

Jurisdiction
California
I let my step daughter which is 21 take my 6 year old (her sister) to washington for the summer she will not let me talk to her on the phone. Never. She was supposed to bring her back a year ago and she will not bring her back I've got a case going with the missing and exploited children but that ain't getting me any were eathier I just got back from going to washington to try to get her and I can't find her what do I do

Make a missing person report to local law enforcement and let them investigate.

Something is really weird about this... Not sure how it could possibly be a year later and you are just now asking for help.

Make a missing person report to local law enforcement and let them investigate.

Something is really weird about this... Not sure how it could possibly be a year later and you are just now asking for help.
Its because every time I contacted her she would say I'm bringing her back when I get my check on the first and then there grandma got really sick and she told me holly I don't have enough money to keep flying down there can I bring her when my grandma dies and I've got to go there for the funeral well that was 1 1/2 weeks ago and she showed up without her I called the police that day and everyone at the funeral were like holly u need to go out there and have the police leave this is not the time or place so I just know got back from going to washington I have lost my job have no money and barley made it there and back I don't have a car or a licence when I went there I don't even know her address the address she gave me when she took her doesn't exist help me please I don't know what to do

You already know what to do. Report her to police as a missing person.

Since you seem to be on hard times you can certainly expect social services to become involved. Your daughter has been gone so long (with your consent) that there may be jurisdiction issues. You might not get her back right away if you aren't able to care for her, but you will at least know where she is and have contact with her.

I let my step daughter which is 21 take my 6 year old (her sister) to washington for the summer she will not let me talk to her on the phone. Never. She was supposed to bring her back a year ago and she will not bring her back I've got a case going with the missing and exploited children but that ain't getting me any were eathier I just got back from going to washington to try to get her and I can't find her what do I do

A year ago? Wait what the hell? How the hell has she had your child for a year? Why didn't you just go get her sooner with the police in tow? When did you file a missing person report? I would think that as soon as you filed that they would have went to the address you had and got her. So how long did you wait to file a report?

All you can do is keep talking to the police and next time you contact her try to figure out where she is or try to get some family to tell you where she is. Who cares if people said a funeral wasn't the time or place to have cops there to get the person who took your child?

I agree this sounds weird and makes no sense. No one on here can really help you if you filed a missing person report.

Back