HUSBAND SHUT DOWN ALL ACCOUNTS IN TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALGIRL

I had spare key to my husband car so I found where he put a retainer down for Attorney on out credit card. Then he shut down checking account so no access to money for me. We had joint credit card since 2003 (the one he used to charge an retainer ). I am on Sociak security disability so I was able to transfer over that check for 1200. Stayed at house for week but just too much emotion for me so middle of the night I loaded some stuff in his car ( he has nice car mine is crappy) and drove 100 miles to family. But how can I even get an attorney because I have no money and no access to checking or saving or retirement or credit card. I was never served so I did not break restraining order which pertains to all parties in district court in my county. According to restraining order cannot shut down accounts etc. anyone have any advise which I could before I run out of money. Husband does make good money so won't qualify for free legal. Is there anything I could file? Thank you so much for your assistance

I had spare key to my husband car so I found where he put a retainer down for Attorney on out credit card. Then he shut down checking account so no access to money for me. We had joint credit card since 2003 (the one he used to charge an retainer ). I am on Sociak security disability so I was able to transfer over that check for 1200. Stayed at house for week but just too much emotion for me so middle of the night I loaded some stuff in his car ( he has nice car mine is crappy) and drove 100 miles to family. But how can I even get an attorney because I have no money and no access to checking or saving or retirement or credit card. I was never served so I did not break restraining order which pertains to all parties in district court in my county. According to restraining order cannot shut down accounts etc. anyone have any advise which I could before I run out of money. Husband does make good money so won't qualify for free legal. Is there anything I could file? Thank you so much for your assistance

You immediately see a couple divorce attorneys.
Explain your problem, ask an attorney to cross-claim for divorce, petition for emergency spousal support, and get paid out of the marital estate, if possible.

That means attorney can seek payment from your husband's earnings. Don't worry about HOW it gets done, a good attorney knows how.

Try that approach MONDAY. Don't wait, don't ask anymore questions, just do it MONDAY.

Good luck, return Monday evening and let us know how things are working out so swell.

Husband does make good money so won't qualify for free legal. Is there anything I could file?

Agree with Army Judge.

Get yourself a lawyer ASAP.

Remember, Texas is a community property state and you are entitled to half of everything.

I'm sure that there will be a lawyer out there that will defer his fee until he can take it out of your husband's hide.

Explain your problem, ask an attorney to cross-claim for divorce, petition for emergency spousal support, and get paid out of the marital estate, if possible.

That means attorney can seek payment from your husband's earnings. Don't worry about HOW it gets done, a good attorney knows how.

Try that approach MONDAY. Don't wait, don't ask anymore questions, just do it MONDAY.

Good luck, return Monday evening and let us know how things are working out so swell.
Ok thanks yes researching attorneys now

Thanks so much. Researching and have notebook with names and addresses and I wil
Just drive around. Kinda sucks cause last week I called so many and some never called back, some took 2 days so don't have time I. Just walk in. Thanks so much. I know I would hate to be in his shoes!! Such narcissist AH LOL

Thanks so much. Researching and have notebook with names and addresses and I wil
Just drive around. Kinda sucks cause last week I called so many and some never called back, some took 2 days so don't have time I. Just walk in. Thanks so much. I know I would hate to be in his shoes!! Such narcissist AH LOL

Trust me, the right attorney will get paid within hours of taking the case.

Don't comment about your plan, say nothing about what you're gonna COOK on Monday, but you'll enjoy the tasty, fat, juicy GOOSE.

Silence, because any slip before your attorney strikes, he'll hide the loot.

Right now he thinks you're clueless, so pretend to be distraught, upset, confused, and dumb.

You're not any of that, but by playing the FOOL, you always catch the GENIUS.

I know because I've spent my life doing it, just a dumb,redneck, hill country, Texas lawyer.

Before the city slickers figure it out, my client has won.

Remember, silence, talk only to your lawyer.

Ask friends and relatives about good lawyers, but your approach works, too.

A good lawyer is hard to catch, because she/he is often in court, but occasionally that good lawyer has to be in the office.

You can sometimes catch a good lawyer in the courthouse, or court room, defending clients. That's the best way, you see a good lawyer in action defending and protecting his/her client!!!!

Wow what a weekend now. I was staying at my daughter house then 4 neighbors text me saying there was Uhaul in my driveway. I aced home and pulled up behind Uhaul took pics of stuff in it. I got out and said you cannot load up whole house it is against the law. He said you fucking bitch and threw a beer botttle with beer in it at me. I called cops and theough all talk they said well the bottle did not break in concrete lol. It was thick corina bottle with beer in it and it hit me then drop to the concrete and no it did not break. So I had beer all over me. None on my breathof of course he had beer in his breath. So cops gave him assault citation and made him leave and told him he cannot come back till tomorriw. So now he has 2 assaults on his record and Uhaul truck is full of community property and cops saw inside of house but they said it is civil so he can take what he has and he drove off with it. So off to Attorney TOMMOROW. Loving peace and quiet for right now. Lol. All my neighbors don't work so have them watching my house

You do know, today would ave been a great day for you to take all the stuff you can carry before the abuser gets released from jail.

If you didn't do that, you burned lots of daylight and have nothing to show for it.

Unless you can take care of the house without him, it might be time to also discuss a bankruptcy with your attorney, too. If you're not involved by being named on the mortgage, then you need not worry about the house, just the stuff you want to salvage.

My name is on the house I am disabled. I cannot physically carry everythjng out of the house. Why would I want banruitycy. This house is worth 500,000 ONLY owe 115,000

So you thunk his attorney told him to shut down all account and steal all stuff?

You do know, today would ave been a great day for you to take all the stuff you can carry before the abuser gets released from jail.

If you didn't do that, you burned lots of daylight and have nothing to show for it.

Unless you can take care of the house without him, it might be time to also discuss a bankruptcy with your attorney, too. If you're not involved by being named on the mortgage, then you need not worry about the house, just the stuff you want to salvage.

My name is on the house I am disabled. I cannot physically carry everythjng out of the house. Why would I want banruitycy. This house is worth 500,000 ONLY owe 115,000

So you thunk his attorney told him to shut down all account and steal all stuff?

No, I don't think any Texas licensed attorney would instruct a client, or any other party to break any law, or disobey any court order.

I think some people do whatever they want to do because they believe they're big enough to get way with it, or no one will notice.

I'm sure you didn't scream at the brute in the driveway, "Hit me with the f@@@ing beer bottle, your mother f@@@ing a@@wipe. I dare you to hit me, goat rapist, come on, hit me."

No, that thug was all hyped up on SOMETHING, and just went ape sheet crazy. Maybe he's always ape sheet crazy, who knows?

I don't need to know what the house is worth. Any house or thing is worth nothing until you get a sucker, err purchaser to buy it.

You have many issues, but the actions of the thug like savage just gave you more ammunition.

Frankly, I'm surprised he wasn't charged with DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

I predict the trailer will be gone tomorrow. The brute will direct some members of his drunken thug gang to get it, hide it, maybe break into the house and steal more stuff. Thugs just do that dumb, violent stuff.

I'd avoid approaching him alone.
In fact, I'd immediately see the JP in the morning and get an emergency order of protection.

If its not the JP, it might be municipal court in Rockwall city.

No, I don't think any Texas licensed attorney would instruct a client, or any other party to break any law, or disobey any court order.

I think some people do whatever they want to do because they believe they're big enough to get way with it, or no one will notice.

I'm sure you didn't scream at the brute in the driveway, "Hit me with the f@@@ing beer bottle, your mother f@@@ing a@@wipe. I dare you to hit me, goat rapist, come on, hit me."

No, that thug was all hyped up on SOMETHING, and just went ape sheet crazy. Maybe he's always ape sheet crazy, who knows?

I don't need to know what the house is worth. Any house or thing is worth nothing until you get a sucker, err purchaser to buy it.

You have many issues, but the actions of the thug like savage just gave you more ammunition.

Frankly, I'm surprised he wasn't charged with DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

I predict the trailer will be gone tomorrow. The brute will direct some members of his drunken thug gang to get it, hide it, maybe break into the house and steal more stuff. Thugs just do that dumb, violent stuff.

I'd avoid approaching him alone.
In fact, I'd immediately see the JP in the morning and get an emergency order of protection.

If its not the JP, it might be municipal court in Rockwall city.

Thanks yes called JP and left message yesterday. But his assaut citation misdemeanor c turns to class a because I am disabled He has no friends and I will call someone at his office to make sure he is there. No I did not yell or scream. That just puts me in more pain and less I be able to do. But I made copy of his attorney questionnaire and he had lied on that. Lol. You don't lie to an attorney. He says he has no record and he does already have an domestic violence on his record YEA beer bottles stacked up in trash can. He has so many mental issues like carrying guilt for so long because he never saw his daughter and blames me. Lol. He drinks too much. He depressed. He thinks of himself as a failure etc etc. I was suppose to stroke his ego everyday. What really sad is he has no family except his daughter but that's not a relationship. I am smart and confident and know when to rid baggage and emotions nor do I blame others for my path. I seek happiness within myself and pride myself so I am able to withstand whatever life throws at me!!

My son is in army. Just got stationed 4 hours away from me so I so excited. HE Mommas boy. Lol. I have love and support from 4 kids and 4 grandkids Love is what makes the world go around !!

I will call JP and hopefully get restraining order. Also have 4 women in my culdesac street who will text me everything. I am blessed there too.

Just hoping once I get to Temp orders judge make him pay house payment and utilities bills. No credit card in my name anymore and only 6 payments on my nice car left. lol and if he don't make those I call Toyota make them week before it gets seized just to ruin his credit lol. So I don't eat a lot and will have to watch every penny I spend. I will be able to manage

Just hoping once I get to Temp orders judge make him pay house payment and utilities bills. No credit card in my name anymore and only 6 payments on my nice car left. lol and if he don't make those I call Toyota make them week before it gets seized just to ruin his credit lol. So I don't eat a lot and will have to watch every penny I spend. I will be able to manage

He'll have to pay, alright, but the way he behaves he might lose his job because he'll be in jail.

The charge should have been domestic violence, even if you aren't legally married.

You were living together for years, so what he did to you IS domestic violence and should have been charged as felony.

You might want to call the prosecutor, as in the county DA and ask why he was only charged with a misdemeanor for committing battery on his wife with a beer bottle full of beer???

I smell something rotten with that.

But, if it was a felony, he'd have a $20,000 or $50,000 bond and might not be able to bond out and work to pay those bills. LOL

Let me know when you get that restraining order, bet that rocks his loser world.

He'll have to pay, alright, but the way he behaves he might lose his job because he'll be in jail.

The charge should have been domestic violence, even if you aren't legally married.

You were living together for years, so what he did to you IS domestic violence and should have been charged as felony.

You might want to call the prosecutor, as in the county DA and ask why he was only charged with a misdemeanor for committing battery on his wife with a beer bottle full of beer???

I smell something rotten with that.

But, if it was a felony, he'd have a $20,000 or $50,000 bond and might not be able to bond out and work to pay those bills. LOL

Let me know when you get that restraining order, bet that rocks his loser world.
Ok will do. Yes his other DV charge had 20,000 bail. I can't have him
Losing his job. Lol. I need that money. Lol. Bet they will grant it cause he already has one and pending divorce just adds trouble. Yea thinking about asking for much money up front so he won't have to pay me spousal support ( disabled spouse is automatic spousal support) he nearing his years with work and he probably kill himself or go into
MENTAL place like his brother is right now. Too much mental stuff going on in that family

Ok will do. Yes his other DV charge had 20,000 bail. I can't have him
Losing his job. Lol. I need that money. Lol. Bet they will grant it cause he already has one and pending divorce just adds trouble. Yea thinking about asking for much money up front so he won't have to pay me spousal support ( disabled spouse is automatic spousal support) he nearing his years with work and he probably kill himself or go into
MENTAL place like his brother is right now. Too much mental stuff going on in that family

Last question. If he was your client what would you do ? I think if I was an attorney I would not fuck around with people like that. Lol. His attorney he has to sign a waiver that he cannot leave bad reviews on any website or forum WOW. lol. If you do they will come after you. Lol. No wonder why his attorney has all 5 star reviews. He would have to use this firm to know this. Lol

Last question. If he was your client what would you do ? I think if I was an attorney I would not fuck around with people like that. Lol. His attorney he has to sign a waiver that he cannot leave bad reviews on any website or forum WOW. lol. If you do they will come after you. Lol. No wonder why his attorney has all 5 star reviews. He would have to use this firm to know this. Lol

Some lawyers take anything that walks through the door. LOL
I don't think I could have a maniac wild man for a client.
You're lucky to be getting him out of your hair.

This morning I called and spoke to 11 people who answer phone and 3 told me. Nope you have to put down a retainer. Left messages with several others and no call backs yet. I called DA about protection order because he trying to take all stuff out of house and threw beer at me so I called sheriffs and he got assault citation and was asked to leave. So he has half house on Uhaul I have no idea. So called da office and asked for protection order he does have DV 2003. Then assault citation last night. I was referred to a women's shelter I did all paperwork and I go back tomorriw at 1 pm to meet with legal advise so she can fill in story part. They said he could be served with protection order this Thursday if I get. They gave me some numbers of some free Attorney legal aid but on hold so long and we don't qualify because of income

So if his server shows up I not going to answer door. Need more time to stalk. BUT WHEN I GET SERVED AND I DONT HAVE ATTORNEY CAN I GO BY MYSELF TO TEMP ORDERS AND TELL JUDGE I NEED MORE TIME ?

If y'all know anyone in dallas area please share with me. They will get paid. I paid bills and took care of finances while marriage. I filed taxes by myself. I have shit load of evidence accounts numbers etc. pay check stubs, monthly bills etc

Just praying I get my protection order then even a cheap lawyer I have an advantage

Thank you so much for helping me. I do not have any other sources of legal help

I can borrow from parents but a 55 year old I rather at least exhaust all measures before feeling like I am still teenager. Lol

Yes, you can appear, explain to the judge your predicament and ask for time to see if your relatives can assist you with funds to hire an attorney.

I'd ask my parents now about helping me, because he's turned violent.
Yes, it's difficult to do, but its important.
No need to be embarrassed, because you're trying to save your life.
Legal aid rarely helps with divorce matters.

Finally, stay on task with the women's shelter.
In fact, it might be possible to live there awhile.
Otherwise, make your shelter arrangements now.
Restraining orders aren't made of Kevlar.
RO are just pieces of paper.
Violent nutballs don't care about paper, especially when they're angered, or full of booze.

Think safety at all times, now that his true colors have been shown, and you KNOW he has a history of domestic violence back to 2003.

Bottom line, he's been this way his entire life.
DV isn't a disease he acquired yesterday, it's a lifelong condition.
He's been a violent woman batterer ALL of his life, and had those propensities since he was a five year old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back