Husband paying $900/mo for 2 kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evariffe

My husband is paying $900 a month for two kids from a previous marriage. We have 3 more children that live with us - i am currently unemployed - and he is a soldier. ( E4 ) The 2 he is paying CS for live in georgia and we live in kentucky - we have not seen them for over a year and a half but we still pay...we call - she doesn't answer but every once in a while they will call us... what can we do about this?

... - also can he "give up" his parental rights and not have to pay child support anymore? ( not like he would - I was just wondering )

Nope. He cannot give up his parental rights. If he has not seen the children and mom is preventing access then Dad needs to go to court and file contempt charges against her.

you also have a responsibiliy to support your kids. You need to get a job if money is tight. If they are not his kids, he has no financial obligation to them. In some states, only subsequent biological children may possible reduce a CS obligation.

Sorry to sound negative but you knew he had the kids before you married him. He has an obligation to support them. Vistitation is an entirely different issue and it sounds like he needs to go back to court for that.

He could also go back to court and ask for lower payments based on his pay, her pay, and the fact that he has 3 kids with you (if they are his too) The court should lower the amount........You could check for yourself on-line.....Check to see what the state of GA calculates for figuring the amount of support.
Good luck..

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back