HR Outsourcing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillydoc

Hi everyone! Jillydoc here from the old AHI forum. I didn't post much, but I sure got a lot of help from reading all of your posts. I've been asked to help my new boss build her small but growing business here in Los Angeles and wondered if any of you have resources for setting up a new HR Department? (My that sounds grand)! She's had me look up some companies here to consult with, but perhaps some of you have experience with this, or even a referral? Her business is in mental health and she is looking to expand to New York. Let me know where we should look for resources and what questions we should be asking. I am happy to report that she really wants to do right by her employees. Yippee!

Thanks in advance!

Jillian

I found the HR Tool Kit and forms on the SHRM site to be of some help when I was setting up an HR Dept once upon a time.
Good luck
lda

Thanks Ida. I checked out the website and I'd need to be a member to access the information. I'm not sure if my employer would want to go that way yet, but I'll certainly check out the site.

You can click on her name in this thread & then click on send private message. (unless you are not set up to send a PM - could be)

PS - When I click on your name, I do not get send a PM choice so you may not get it if you click on cbg's name.

Last edited:
It would not let me edit again but I believe as a registered user you might have to have so many posts before you can send or receive a PM (or either you didn't choose the option when you signed up).

Let's see if I can send one to you.

ETA: No, I can't. I think you may have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can send PM's.

It would not let me edit again but I believe as a registered user you might have to have so many posts before you can send or receive a PM (or either you didn't choose the option when you signed up).

Thanks Betty3, I didn't see anything about that option. I looked around on help and I think we may have to be friends in order for that option to work.

No, I know that's not it because I get PM's from those I'm not "friends" with all the time. Besides, we are now.

Tell you what. I can't spend much time on this right now, and elsewhere in these forums you'll see why. But if you can wait till Monday, I'll put some stuff together for you and put it in this thread.

I think you have to have so many posts first. (I believe Michael (administration) said that once.) You don't have to be friends.

I am not. I went to the site and saw that it's a bit of an investment so I'm gathering info for my boss. We're just not sure if it's good to do it ourselves, or hire an outside person to set up and then run it ourselves, or something else entirely.

Right now it's six, but we're looking to hire two for New York very soon. Within the next six months probably another two or three per city in San Diego and San Fransciso. So hopefully 12 by the end of the year. Of course, having a presence in different states is another consideration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back