1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

how to remove name from datebase after two years

Discussion in 'Hiring, Applications, Background Checks' started by life102, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life102

life102 Law Topic Starter New Member

How can I get name removed from retail theif database after two years?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I don't think the owners/operators of those databases ever remove names.

Even if a name was removed, I don't think its done after only two years.

There are a couple retail theft experts, and I'm sure they'll have more to add.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

I know the National Retail Thief Database reports incidents that have occurred within the last 7 years of the report date. (so your name stays on for 7 years)

4. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

I have worked as a Retail theft professional for many years as LP, Loss Prevention Manager as well as consulted for retailers and helped private citizens like yourself. I am very aware of these databases and how they work. These databases hold your info for about 7 years (varies by database) after that it drops off list. There is no means to remove your name. Now if you were found not guilty in court you might be able to contest the entry but anything less than that it is very unlikely. The good side only other subscribers to same database will have access to the info contained there. In short if place you seek employment is not subscriber they will not have knowledge or means to see your name in database