How to proceed against 13 yr old pulling a knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidRFry

I own an internet cafe in Albany, NY. There was an altercation outside the cafe and a 13 year old boy, who I've barred from the cafe for other reasons, who everybody says is mentally unstable, pulled a knife on one of the kids who had just left the cafe and on another kid who tried to intervene. The 13 year old boy's mother got involved and started pushing people around(everybody says she's unstable too). I called the cops who broke things up but they said unless the two kids who were threatened file charges they couldn't do anything else, and neither of the two kids will do that. I saw the
kid pull the knife and at one point the mother was blocking the entrance to the cafe so that people couldn't get in or out. What legal recourse do I have? I feel this mother and son are a threat to the cafe since they live in the neighborhood

Last edited:
...What legal recourse do I have?...

To do what?

These people apparently have no fear of the cops so there's not a lot you can do.

First of all, you should put up a no trespassing sign that way if this kid or his mother come back, they could be arrested.

I would call the police Sergeant, or see if they have a juvenile crimes dept. and tell them you witnessed the kid pull a knife. Pressure them to do something. This kid is obviously troubled.

Duranie said:
I would call the police Sergeant, or see if they have a juvenile crimes dept. and tell them you witnessed the kid pull a knife. Pressure them to do something. This kid is obviously troubled.
There may not be anything to be done. If this is a misdemeanor, and the respective victims are not willing to pursue the matter, it is likely that the DA is not going to go anywhere with it so the police will not waste their time.

- Carl

There may not be anything to be done. If this is a misdemeanor, and the respective victims are not willing to pursue the matter, it is likely that the DA is not going to go anywhere with it so the police will not waste their time.

- Carl
Maybe their caffeine level is just too danged high!

:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back