how to obtain temporary custody now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisyshel

My husbands ex-wife has custody of their daughter and has been evicted from their home for wild parties and many overnight guest.But she refuses to give him his daughter.Can we just go to a court house and file for temporary custody until we can go to court for full custody? :confused:

sisyshel said:
My husbands ex-wife has custody of their daughter and has been evicted from their home for wild parties and many overnight guest.But she refuses to give him his daughter.Can we just go to a court house and file for temporary custody until we can go to court for full custody? :confused:

You can certainly make a case although it's not as simple as just filing and taking and there should be a hearing before the child is taken from the natural mother's home.

Temporary Order

[SIZE=4]
Sure you can file for temporay custody but the law requires a two prong test which she would have to fail for you to be able to get her. You would have to prove that she is suffering from her mothers actions (not just her mother is acting crazy) ie unfed, ungroomed, falling behind in school work or her social standing. When you get a temp. order you are susposed to give her right to due process and let her defend herself which if the judge sees no immediate danger may take around 30 days. I wish you the best of luck. If you need any help I have an abundace of information on this subject!
Elisa​

I also went through the same thing trying to get custody of my grandaughters..both parents ...losers!! It took me almost a year, but be patient. As I told my lawyer, "you can get your gun loaded but you don't have to pull the trigger just yet". Be sure to DOCUMENT everything. I kept a journal with everything and retained a lawyer so when it was time to move we were ready. Remember, it is NOT illegal to be jobless, homeless or just a crappy parent. Once the police became involved it was much easier to make our case and we did and I was granted custody so hang in there and keep your journal. You need to have a strong case if you want to win custody...GOOD LUCK!! :)

hi- i can imagine there to be countless stories, inter alia; Though, it appears as the 'conclusion of law' may based upon 'the finding of fact,' of which may based upon, a >one, 'two-prong test;'
in re: TEMPORY Custody Order By the [Family] Court/s, State of >New York
/ pls. help, to share any statutory[?]/ state/civil/rules/procedures/family court/mandates/requirements/cites/case/law/apellate/decision/order/
opinion/article/s/constitutional/federal/etc/so forth/and so on/ right down to the two-prong- !? if there are any links/etc/so on/or so forth/ such links would be more than welcome, to jna112318@yahoo.com, as i would be very greatful to obtain such insight; keen insight. thank You. [i registered, inter alia, to enable myself access, solely as per to reply and plea, in hopes of a return reply; a reponse, re: 'if you need any help i have an abundance of stuff on this subject!']/ i hope to see/hear/learn/gain insight/ as 'abundantly' as possible, as soon as possible/ thank You, again. 'sehbnaj,' //of which looks very odd to me, but, it is 'sehbnaj' for now, none the less//gdnite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back