How to file for paternity if the father lives in Germany ?

M

Mirella84

Jurisdiction
California
I am a US citizen woman that used to date a German man that came to US on a tourist visa for a couple of months. He had to return to Germany to resume school and a week after I found out I'm pregnant. When I told him he was ok with it and started thinking of ways to make this work but after a few weeks he changed his mind and said he s too young to be a dad and that I should get an abortion.
I kept the baby and I haven't heard from him since.
My son is 8 months old now and want to know what options do I have to make him take responsibility for his son and start paying child support even if he lives in Germany

I am a US citizen woman that used to date a German man that came to US on a tourist visa for a couple of months. He had to return to Germany to resume school and a week after I found out I'm pregnant. When I told him he was ok with it and started thinking of ways to make this work but after a few weeks he changed his mind and said he s too young to be a dad and that I should get an abortion.
I kept the baby and I haven't heard from him since.
My son is 8 months old now and want to know what options do I have to make him take responsibility for his son and start paying child support even if he lives in Germany

There's nothing you can do to force a German national prove he sired your son.

Unless and until he submits to a paternity test, your son isn't his son.

You might never get him to establish paternity, and pay child support.

Now you've learned a valuable, but extremely painful lesson that you might have to one day tell your son.

The state might be able to assist you, but even that's doubtful as the alleged father is a German national.

It's all very sad, especially for the innocent, precious child.

I wish you and your son the best, and I hope the state child collection apparatus is successful in helping you at least establish paternity for your child.

Back