How to amend a divorce decree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisamccoy

Good morning to all,

I am a legal resident of Texas. My divorce was finalized in May. I need to amend my divorce decree by adding a simple sentence about the house that my ex and I share, via a loan. He lives in the house and pays the loan, but I need it stated on the decree, in order for me to qualify for the house I wish to purchase. Does anyone know the forms you need to fill out in order for this to happen?? I do not need an attorney for something we both agree on. I have found forms online, but they deal with children...Please help ASAP...my loan depends on this change...

Thanks

Lisa

What you need to do doesn't sound like it should be difficult - certainly not if your ex consentsd. But it depends on Texas' family law and rules of procedure, and no-one here is an expert in those. You could try mashing up the online forms to make them applicable, or ask the court clerk. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

thanks

Thanks...found an attorney to do it for $150...noone at the district clerks office would help me with what forms and I gave up looking online...so to attorney I go....yes it is simple process, but apparently you can't do without an attorney.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back