Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI How long in jail?

astarenight

Was in my daughters car got 2nd DUI with hit and run car hit fence then I left it on side of road when my daughter found out she called the police and told them I was drinking I know I was not drunk when the acciden happend she was angry came home thats when i drank at home cops came 1 hour latter or longer charged me BA above .2 What's going to happen very worried.1st DUI in 07

You might want to talk to a traffic law attorney.

Was in my daughters car got 2nd DUI with hit and run car hit fence then I left it on side of road when my daughter found out she called the police and told them I was drinking I know I was not drunk when the acciden happend she was angry came home thats when i drank at home cops came 1 hour latter or longer charged me BA above .2 What's going to happen very worried.1st DUI in 07

You will lose.
No way you can win.
You can try to minimize the damage and pain by shutting up, stop explaining, and lawyering up!!!!
If a dummy like me doesn't believe your story, neither will a judge and jury in California.

You need to appear in court, plead not guilty, request a public defender, stop explaining, and wait.
Your actions will cripple you financially for years.
I suggest you start today rebuilding things.

Jail isn't likely to be in the picture, this time.
You'll wish you could do five or six days in jail before this is over.
You'll lose your drivers license, you will find insurance extremely expensive, and the state of California will kill you with fees, fines, and penalties.
Hundreds of hours of community service, maybe picking up trash along the road side, or sorting garbage for recycling, is in your future.

Last edited:

You do NOT have to be "drunk," only impaired. Buzzed driving is DUI.

Engage a criminal defense attorney. For a second offense you face at least four days in jail and up to 1 year. Fines and fees can be in excess of $3,500. You can expect a license suspension of up to 2 years, and a requirement that you have an IID installed on any vehicle you drive. You will also be prohibited from driving with ANY alcohol in your system and may have a probation condition of NO drinking AT ALL in addition to mandatory alcohol counseling. With a BAC of .20 or higher, you can expect a plea bargain is not all that likely unless the prosecutor feels that the case is weak for some reason.

Consult legal counsel, but expect that you will not be driving for a year or more and will face probation and expensive fines (and minimum jail time).

Back