How do I get custody of my Niece and nephew.

eimes29

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
My sister in law has 2 children and does not have a job. Her daughter does not go school. My husband and I would like to get custody of them. Please let me know what I can do.

If the children are being neglected or abused, the ONLY thing you can do is contact the proper authorities and alert them to the situation. You and your husband have no rights to the children.

If the children are being neglected or abused, the ONLY thing you can do is contact the proper authorities and alert them to the situation. You and your husband have no rights to the children.
If I refer the kids to the authorities and they try to take the kids away can't they go to family first

If I refer the kids to the authorities and they try to take the kids away can't they go to family first

Children aren't chattel, to be bartered, traded, sold, or exchanged.

In some cases the AUTHORITIES will TRY to see if the family is capable of caring for the children TEMPORARILY.

If mom has the kids, and she's having issues, dad is usually notified (if he can be found).
If dad has the kids, reverse the ending.

If both dad and mom are incapable of caring for the kids, the state often places them in foster care, or a group home.

That, however, depends on the issues involved.

You can inform your state authorities that you are willing to care for the children TEMPORARILY until a more permanent solution can be found.

That is a good way to see if it will work out for the children, you, and the state.

Don't consider custody initially, consider it as "fostering" the children temporarily.

To the authorities, custody is permanent.

The state endeavors to reunify families, not split them apart forever.

My sister in law has 2 children and does not have a job. Her daughter does not go school. My husband and I would like to get custody of them. Please let me know what I can do.

Is there neglect or abuse going on? If not then you're not getting custody of them. How old is her daughter? People don't lose their kids because they are poor. Why don't you guys help her out if you're so worried instead of trying to figure out how to take her children away from her? Where is the father?

Here is another ride in on our HORSE stomping our feet YELLING we are better parents. Instead of doing what is RIGHT!!!!. If these children are in such bad conditions as you think they are. Why haven't you reported them to child services??? If your such a better parent then you should understand that CHILDREN come #1. My first call would be to child services so they can get the children out of the house if its that bad.

No... Keep in mind when you start this cage rattling your life style will also be looked at. Your family WILL turn on you as well. So they will bring up everything you have done bad in life as well. That is why it's best to report this to child services only. Then if they remove the children from the home. Hire a lawyer to attempt to get custody...

Here is another ride in on our HORSE stomping our feet YELLING we are better parents. Instead of doing what is RIGHT!!!!. If these children are in such bad conditions as you think they are. Why haven't you reported them to child services??? If your such a better parent then you should understand that CHILDREN come #1. My first call would be to child services so they can get the children out of the house if its that bad.
I am sorry you took it that way but we have tried everything to help my sister in law and her boyfriend for years. This is kinda the last straw. My daughter went to visit over the summer and they gave her marijuana in exchange for babysitting.

I am sorry you took it that way but we have tried everything to help my sister in law and her boyfriend for years. This is kinda the last straw. My daughter went to visit over the summer and they gave her marijuana in exchange for babysitting.

Did you report that ILLEGAL, and abusive act towards your child to the police?

Anytime anyone is harmed, call the police.

The police know what to do, or will endeavor to find out.

Failure to report anyone giving your child illegal drugs says a lot about YOUR parenting style.

Did you counsel your daughter about using illegal drugs?

Did you counsel your daughter about accepting illegal drugs in lieu of legal cash for her work performed for others?

My kids and grandkids tell me everything.

I also keep a watchful eye on their activities.

I ask questions I know the answers to before they answer.

So what did the police do when you called them about that?

Did you report that ILLEGAL, and abusive act towards your child to the police?

Anytime anyone is harmed, call the police.

The police know what to do, or will endeavor to find out.

Failure to report anyone giving your child illegal drugs says a lot about YOUR parenting style.

Did you counsel your daughter about using illegal drugs?

Did you counsel your daughter about accepting illegal drugs in lieu of legal cash for her work performed for others?

My kids and grandkids tell me everything.

I also keep a watchful eye on their activities.

I ask questions I know the answers to before they answer.
Yes we have reported things and we got our daughter help. You know nothing about my parenting style.

What ever. No one said that all I want to do is protect my niece and nephew

I am sorry your seeing this happen however if they are being abused/neglected then contact Children's Services. This is NOT about you raising the children but its about protecting the children. That should be goal. Whenever (we) hear someone ask how they can gain someone elses children it tell us your goal or main goal may NOT be children but a more selfish one. Cont act proper authorities and if you wish offer your home as a place the children can stay while investigation is done. Once again your goal needs to be children not having them with you. I can tell you right now even if children are removed Children services goal will be to reunite them with parents.

Back