How do I gain posession of my Daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gipper80

Ok, let me start this by explaining…I am married to a raving lunatic. I preface things this way, because what I am about to explain just does not make sense to reasonable people without the qualifier.

OK, about a year and a half ago, I moved my wife and my stepdaughter into a BEAUTIFUL new home. I came home from work one day, a week later…and she had moved out, and taken our daughter with her. A WEEK after I had spent the money to move us in…I am alone in a huge house suited for a family. This is the kind of thing I deal with. Two weeks later, the apologies and the tears always come…and then, after accepting it…it happens again within 6 months, like clockwork.

This time, however…I had made the mistake of believing the Riddlin had finally kicked in, and my wife and I decided to have a baby. Wouldn't you know it…5 months into the pregnancy…I come home from work…and guess who is gone again? I am married to a raving lunatic who is both unstable, and irresponsible. During one of her fits, I got stabbed in the neck and had to access immediate medical attention, lest I would have died. This woman has made my life a living hell.

Regardless, I was prepared to allow her back into our home because of my newborn daughter…the TRUE love of my life. Two weeks ago, this plan was accepted…and I was in the process of moving all of her things BACK into our home while she was in the hospital (to prevent premature birth, because she refused to stop smoking). Wouldn't you know it, she threw another fit…and told me to stop moving her things back in.

Keep in mind, now she is sitting in a house that she can not afford (that she rented back in December), is about to be evicted from there, and has taken her lunacy to her parents house. All the while, my stable, safe, secure and loving home is exactly where it has always been, and has been maintained soley by me.

Honestly, there is nothing I want more than a Divorce from this woman. But I would sooner die than live without my PERFECT new daughter. So, in the latest fit…my wife chose to be released from the hospital, and take MY CHILD to her Mother's house. Oh…and in case you doubt the instability, she told me that I could be with my daughter…If I gave up MY HOME, and moved in with HER parents. LOL, I am 34 years old, a War Veteran, and a College graduate…with a highly successful career and a nice home. Can you IMAGINE my reaction to THIS condition?

Regardless, My wife is reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous. I WANT my daughter with me, immediately! I know how to get to the house where they are staying, and I know I have every bit as much right to my daughter as she does. I can not get a full divorce until December…because that's when she moved out (it takes a year), so custody can not be settled until then. But I want IMMEDIATE possession of my daughter, to ensure her safety! What must be done for me to get my daughter OUT of there?

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you have been through a tremendous amount of strain.

With regard to immediate custody of your daughter, my understanding is that it will be difficult to do unless you can show that your soon to be ex is a danger to the children. This means more than just relatively harmless acts -- smoking during pregnancy and in the presence of a newborn may be significant. Be prepared to prove your claims and not sound like a stressed, emotional, estranged father who is trying to manufacture ills to obtain your child.

Have you obtained an attorney? What has been worked out with regard to custody, if anything?

Originally posted by gipper80
Ok, let me start this by explaining…I am married to a raving lunatic. I preface things this way, because what I am about to explain just does not make sense to reasonable people without the qualifier.

OK, about a year and a half ago, I moved my wife and my stepdaughter into a BEAUTIFUL new home. I came home from work one day, a week later…and she had moved out, and taken our daughter with her. A WEEK after I had spent the money to move us in…I am alone in a huge house suited for a family. This is the kind of thing I deal with. Two weeks later, the apologies and the tears always come…and then, after accepting it…it happens again within 6 months, like clockwork.

This time, however…I had made the mistake of believing the Riddlin had finally kicked in, and my wife and I decided to have a baby. Wouldn't you know it…5 months into the pregnancy…I come home from work…and guess who is gone again? I am married to a raving lunatic who is both unstable, and irresponsible. During one of her fits, I got stabbed in the neck and had to access immediate medical attention, lest I would have died. This woman has made my life a living hell.

Regardless, I was prepared to allow her back into our home because of my newborn daughter…the TRUE love of my life. Two weeks ago, this plan was accepted…and I was in the process of moving all of her things BACK into our home while she was in the hospital (to prevent premature birth, because she refused to stop smoking). Wouldn't you know it, she threw another fit…and told me to stop moving her things back in.

Keep in mind, now she is sitting in a house that she can not afford (that she rented back in December), is about to be evicted from there, and has taken her lunacy to her parents house. All the while, my stable, safe, secure and loving home is exactly where it has always been, and has been maintained soley by me.

Honestly, there is nothing I want more than a Divorce from this woman. But I would sooner die than live without my PERFECT new daughter. So, in the latest fit…my wife chose to be released from the hospital, and take MY CHILD to her Mother's house. Oh…and in case you doubt the instability, she told me that I could be with my daughter…If I gave up MY HOME, and moved in with HER parents. LOL, I am 34 years old, a War Veteran, and a College graduate…with a highly successful career and a nice home. Can you IMAGINE my reaction to THIS condition?

Regardless, My wife is reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous. I WANT my daughter with me, immediately! I know how to get to the house where they are staying, and I know I have every bit as much right to my daughter as she does. I can not get a full divorce until December…because that's when she moved out (it takes a year), so custody can not be settled until then. But I want IMMEDIATE possession of my daughter, to ensure her safety! What must be done for me to get my daughter OUT of there?

I'm dealing with the same problems.

I'm a father myself dealing with similar problems as you. My wife took our 7 month old to her parents house which is a 11 hour drive away from where we live. What did you find out with regards to your rights of getting your child back? Can the mother take the child out of state without my permission? A divorce is something that has crossed my mind. Any information is helpful. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back