How can I get emancipated

A

Andrea72920

Jurisdiction
California
I am about to turn 16 in dec . I am currently pregnant at the time too and I know that doesn't change anything but , my point is my boyfriend is 16 and so am I , we didn't plan this but it happened . When it happened and my parents found out they pulled me out of school and moved me to a different state away from him . We had been away from eachother for about 6 months now and I lost the baby but then we tried again . I am currently 3 months into it now and I am finishing up highschool in may . My parents want to pull me out of this school that lets me graduate fast and easy and put me into regular school so I can be a "teen" . My whole point in this is there any law that says I can leave after I finish my highschool year ? I will still be 16 at the time but I was planning on moving In w my boyfriend and starting our lives . I know we are young and all but I wanted to know if it was true that you can leave at 16 ? Or do I have to go through the court and everything for emancipation? The reason why I asking is Bc my boyfriend has been buying all the stuff and working a lot lately and I have no experience in all that . I know for emancipation you have to meet the criterias but it would take a while for me myself to do it . Anyways . Can I leave after highschool at 16 w out any problems and w out my parents approvals or do I have to get emancipated? Just to be safe ?

You can leave your parents home at age 18 and emulate "The Three Little Pigs" of kiddie book fame, as you try at age 18 to make your way in the world.

Until then, however, emancipation ain't going to happen for you.
If anything, your insistence on being impregnated, miscarrying, and again being inseminated and becoming pregnant could lead to visits from child services.

Even if you graduate in May, you'll still be required to obey mammy and pappy until your 18th birthday.

Should you rebel, you could end up in a group home, or a juvenile confinement facility.

The only legal option you have (outside of emancipation) is if both sets of parents allow you two to marry which clearly isnt going to happen. You dont meet criteria for emancipation either so you do as your told until the very second you turn 18 then you are free to make your own choices righ tor wrong

Andrea, there is not the remotest chance in the world that a court will emancipate you, which means that until you are 18 and not a day earlier, you live where your parents say you live. No, there is not a law that says you can leave home at 16, or at 17 either. No, there is not any law that is going to allow you to live with your boyfriend at 16 no matter how much "stuff" he's been buying. You kissed what very little chance you ever had to be emancipated goodbye the first time you got pregnant, and the very fact that you got pregnant deliberately the second time is enough all on its own to cause a court to refuse to emancipate you. Not to mention the fact that you don't meet the criteria to be emancipated. Emancipation is designed to give legal protections to those minors who, through no fault of their own, found themselves living on their own; it is not to allow a silly little girl who doesn't have the faintest idea of what she's looking at the ability to "start her life early". Give the idea up right now because unless your parents give you permission to move out, you're not going anywhere for two more years.

You also must attend school until you graduate from HS or turn 18. You may not elect to drop out against your parents' wishes before then. I can't even fathom why you would want to do so with a child on the way to support and be an example for but it isn't possible in any case.

I am about to turn 16 in dec . I am currently pregnant at the time too and I know that doesn't change anything but , my point is my boyfriend is 16 and so am I , we didn't plan this but it happened . When it happened and my parents found out they pulled me out of school and moved me to a different state away from him . We had been away from eachother for about 6 months now and I lost the baby but then we tried again . I am currently 3 months into it now and I am finishing up highschool in may . My parents want to pull me out of this school that lets me graduate fast and easy and put me into regular school so I can be a "teen" . My whole point in this is there any law that says I can leave after I finish my highschool year ? I will still be 16 at the time but I was planning on moving In w my boyfriend and starting our lives . I know we are young and all but I wanted to know if it was true that you can leave at 16 ? Or do I have to go through the court and everything for emancipation? The reason why I asking is Bc my boyfriend has been buying all the stuff and working a lot lately and I have no experience in all that . I know for emancipation you have to meet the criterias but it would take a while for me myself to do it . Anyways . Can I leave after highschool at 16 w out any problems and w out my parents approvals or do I have to get emancipated? Just to be safe ?
So the first time you got pregnant was an accident but you decided after having a miscarriage you should "try" to get pregnant again? At 16?

No you can't move in with anyone unless your parents give you permission. You are still a minor and you are their child. Now if you give birth you have rights to that child and they don't. Also you're not going to get emancipated. If there isn't a thread on emancipation on here there needs to be as much as this gets asked.

You don't have experience in what? Buying stuff? If I was your parent after you had that miscarriage I would have put you on birth control asap.

Back