House Warming Party / Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

Good morning,

My parents through a house warming party yesterday. We live out in Florida... We've been in the house for about a month. My younger brother, 25 has the garage and uses it as a "man cave." Anywhere from two to four times a week he'll have a few friends over, play drinking games, video games.

Last night we had a ton of people over. We gave my brother and his friends a lot of the beer we had left over. His friend, Roy asked me to take him to the gas station to get more cigarettes and beer. When we get there he says "here's a hundred bucks get what ever you want and a pack of Newports." So I buy two cases of beer and one pack of cigarettes.

A few hours go by and I go to check on my brother and his friends and they're teasing Roy. During the conversation they bring up his age... He's only nineteen!

At that point in time I start to tweak out. There's about ten people in his garage, hanging out at that time.

So I go back inside... My mind starts to wander. I bought alcohol for someone underage... What happens if he gets into an accident?! What happens if he gives the alcohol to a minor?! I could get in serious trouble? What could I or should I have done? As far as I know everyone got home safely but in an extreme situation if he got drunk and hurt or killed someone, or did something terrible, a felony... Would I be the one going to jail? Responsible?

Thank you.

Just say no, and don't be an errand boy or girl. Why worry about what is,when nothing happened? Next time, tell the kiddies no. Yes, if something had happened, and he blabbed, you could have been in trouble if you had blabbed, too. The key is don't be stupid, and don't blab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back