Hoping to get a Gov job after law shool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybeg00d

Hello,

I am currently a first year in law school. 12 years ago, I was convicted of a felony and had my records sealed at the age of 18. Since then I attended a top public university, got into a solid law school, and held several jobs in the information technology industry.

After speaking to several admission officials for the CA bar, I was informed that my sealed record would not pose a problem for passing the bar.

I am interested in attaining a government position after law school, and was curious as to whether my sealed juvenile record would hinder my chances? Also, when applying for a government job may I answer "NO" when asked about previous convictions, as I have always done? Would it be better to answer "yes", as I am aware that the government's standards are much more stringent than public companies and their resources will probably locate my sealed offense?

Thank you...

am interested in attaining a government position after law school, and was curious as to whether my sealed juvenile record would hinder my chances? Also, when applying for a government job may I answer "NO" when asked about previous convictions, as I have always done? Would it be better to answer "yes", as I am aware that the government's standards are much more stringent than public companies and their resources will probably locate my sealed offense?
Always tell the truth . . . no matter what !!

The governmental agencies can and will see sealed records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back